Military coup in Turkey?

This is the first time I have ever hoped a military coup would succeed. Edrogan is forcing new powers for himself and the PM is his poodle. He is moving away from any kind of democracy to dictatorship and this is why I hoped they had succeeded.

I suspect his bullish response to this will have done more to erode a little more public support for him than anything else - in the long run the story is probably far from over.

That's ok I'm sure we can rely on our Foreign Secretary to pour oil on the fire troubled waters

I mean, he even penned a little ditty about Erdogan a few weeks ago....

There was a young fellow from Ankara

Who was a terrific ******er

Till he sowed his wild oats

With the help of a goat

But he didn’t even stop to thankera.

:rolleyes:

A dictator will do anything to stay in power, he's clearly made the coup up himself via simply allowing it to go forward.

The military was the only bastion of secularism in Turkey, and now they have no power from this, as such, Erdogan has eliminated his last hurdle and paved the way for to being like Putin...

He might have allowed the coup attempt to go ahead to identify his opponents and cleanse them from power. Pretty ballsy move though, I doubt any leader would want to play that card.

Apparently he just kissed and made up with Putin over shooting down the Russian aircraft, I wonder what he was after? It's possible this reconciliation wasn't taken kindly by others in (or involved in) the region.

Can't believe some of the scenes i witnessed looking at live feeds last night.
That tank rolling over people was just unbelievable. How can anyone do that...
Some people are just born evil.

Does anyone know if the airforce was always under government control?

If so I am guessing the army (at least the faction involved) has helicopters at their disposal?

Does anyone know if the airforce was always under government control?

If so I am guessing the army (at least the faction involved) has helicopters at their disposal?

Reports said the coup involved factions of the air force, military police and 1 armour unit.

Back
Top Bottom