Poll: Monaco Grand Prix 2017, Monte Carlo - Race 6/20

Rate the 2017 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kimi and Bottas were so insanely on the edge through swimming pool and everywhere. Vettel just looked a little further from the walls throughout S3. Finns don't care about walls?

Great qualifying by those three anyway.

Safety cars look a cert tomorrow so may be marginally more interesting

Why? In qualifying a 1/10th can move you up 5 places on the grid and likely 5 places in the final standings of the race. In the race, if you go 1 second slower.... the guy behind you won't overtake he'll just go 1 second slower. There is every reason to push in qualifying but almost none in the race. You rarely ever see that kind of pushing in the race, it's usually such a train with no large gaps that there isn't much you can do in terms of pushing hard to close down 10 second gaps, it's just not worth it.

Monaco needs to do away with the race, skip friday practice and have two qualifying sessions per day in stead. The race is ridiculously boring while the qualifying is maybe better than anywhere else.

Superb for Kimi. :D

Hamilton's car looked broken. Was all over the place. Wouldn't surprise me if they found something in the rear suspension was not as it should be overnight.

Vandoorne was going surprisingly well, up until he broke the car.

Never mind. Should be a good race tomorrow. Indy500 that is, Monaco is dismal normally.

Knip.... Any chance of a rain dance? Would make it interesting if there is a torrential downpour and thunderstorm on the parade lap. ;)

Would like to see Kimi win with Bottas second, Lewis about 7th and Vettel 10th. That would make the championship a bit closer.

What I expect to happen is that Seb will either take Kimi at the start, or be on the radio and mysterious gain a better strategy. Lewis is likely to get tagged by some of the poorer drivers. Otherwise he might be on for a top 5 finish.

Hamilton will no doubt find it difficult. He has to be very careful. If he doesn't take 2 or 3 cars at the start he could easily be caught up ins someone else's accident. Or end up outside the points. I wonder if he's 13th with ten laps to go, would he pit and save the engine?

Great performance by Kimi and Verstappen - I don't know where Hamilton and Vettel's speed disappeared to though.

Despite the dog of a car, some of the gloss is wearing off Stoffel. Button was pretty good today - shame about the penalties that will reduce his race to a sightseeing tour if he manages to avoid a first corner incident with the pay drivers.

Back
Top Bottom