• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MORE 8 PACK PRE-BINNED CPU's AVAILABLE UPTO 5.2GHz!! **

Soldato
Ryzen is on Finfet how well does RX480 OC ??.............those expecting these OC levels given its on that process really have zero clue.

Comparing GPU and CPU clock speed scaling is also clueless!

The architecture/chip design influences clock speeds, not only the process technology.

Associate

The architecture/chip design influences clock speeds, not only the process technology.
Yeah. If only there was someone here who has already build a custom water cooled ryzen pc to be shown off at the amd booth at CES who could give us some insight on this

ljt

ljt

Soldato
To put it another way if the 4c/8t Ryzen cpu (equivalent in core/threads to 7700k) is £200 as expected, which is 55% of the cost of a standard 7700k. I very much doubt it is only going to perform half as good! Even if it doesn't clock past 4Ghz (which I highly expect it will considering it's default turbo is 3.9Ghz as it is)

OcUK Staff

Great mate thanks. You reached world number one oc and helped most companies develop gpu, memory and mainboard. As well as your own designed case and Psu.

So solid your insight and so incorrect lol..

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Great mate thanks. You reached world number one oc and helped most companies develop gpu, memory and mainboard. As well as your own designed case and Psu.

So solid your insight and so incorrect lol..

So i guess we'll see your name mentioned in dispatches on the design of Zen then?

Associate
There are several examples professionally where my customers are using such chips to gain an advantage. Sadly most are NDA projects which I cant discuss.

No explanation of how organisations are making a lot of extra money out of slightly faster CPUs, and still no reason why Intel aren't using better quality TIM on their unlocked CPUs. This could lead to conspiracy theories. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah. If only there was someone here who has already build a custom water cooled ryzen pc to be shown off at the amd booth at CES who could give us some insight on this

AMD know we build the best systems in the world, hence why we built it. Everything else is NDA!

Soldato
No explanation of how organisations are making a lot of extra money out of slightly faster CPUs, and still no reason why Intel aren't using better quality TIM on their unlocked CPUs. This could lead to conspiracy theories. :D

The information is out there if you know where to look. Intel have to be seen to be reducing their environmental footprint like every other large corporation. They're not going to do that on the HEDT platform, are they...

Soldato
AMD know we build the best systems in the world, hence why we built it. Everything else is NDA!

So more info will be revealed soon about the 'best Ryzen system in the world' that OCUK have built but haven't been allowed to talk about yet? Or can its existence not even be confirmed?

Soldato
Since when has any legitimate info been revealed before a products release date?? Isn't this thread about binned intel cpu's????

@Gibbo, by the way, thats a nice looking motor you have, first time i've seen a mustang in the flesh and damn they look good, got in my Audi with that parked next to me and i was saddened by the fact that i can't do doughnuts :(

Associate
Don't get why people even care? If they are overpriced and you have no interest then so be it. Doesn't mean other people find it a useless product.

If they sell, they sell. It is a business after all!

Associate
I know most will think I am stupid but I just bought a binned 5ghz chip. My previous Kaby Lake managed 5ghz but the temps went to 94 degrees when stress testing and I wasn't impressed, even though it held.
I then sold my Kaby Lake and gambled for a binned chip. It arrived today and on the box it said 5ghz 1.35v. Fair enough, so I gave it a shot. All I can say is I am very happy, at the same 5ghz my temps were all below 65 degrees. That is a huge 30 degrees difference.
Now being new to binned chips, does this mean I cannot keep the same stability at 1.34v? Can I clock higher at 5.1? Have the binned 5ghz chips even been tested above 5ghz? It's just that if this chip has been fully tested to an inch of it's life and received no more performance, I don't want to waste my time testing it again. Regardless, it does the job for me. I know people won't pay an extra £100, but as a one off purchase, I am pleased.

OcUK Staff
Great a satisfied customer ^^^ 65C under load very good also. No one thinks your stupid its your m one and you got a product your happy with. We sold out of the first batch of these so many bought.

No the CPU's are not within an inch of the lives at all. You can drop the voltage and test for the lowest Voltage for 5G or try 5.1 at I guess around 1.38-1.39V with delid this is generally working fine on these CPU but not 100% of the time.

Exactly no need for all the flaming of the price or even bringing Ryzen into this. If you dont want that performance dont pay the price its that simple. No need to simply complain all the time. we have customers who do want guaranteed OC to a certain level without the hassle of binning and delidded CPU's with fully warranty and testing. So we offer them!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Great a satisfied customer ^^^ 65C under load very good also. No one thinks your stupid its your m one and you got a product your happy with. We sold out of the first batch of these so many bought.

No the CPU's are not within an inch of the lives at all. You can drop the voltage and test for the lowest Voltage for 5G or try 5.1 at I guess around 1.38-1.39V with delid this is generally working fine on these CPU but not 100% of the time.

Exactly no need for all the flaming of the price or even bringing Ryzen into this. If you dont want that performance dont pay the price its that simple. No need to simply complain all the time. we have customers who do want guaranteed OC to a certain level without the hassle of binning and delidded CPU's with fully warranty and testing. So we offer them!!!

Thanks for the advice 8 Pack, I will definitely do some experimenting over the next few days. I generally buy the latest quad core cpu every year (I just sell my previous gen cpu's at a good price with them still being quite new), and if this chip binning is going to be a continuous trend for Overclockers I will definitely consider buying these going forward, as long as the prices don't start excalating too much.
If it saves me a lot of effort and silicone lottery bad luck then it is good for me. If I had known these binned chips were going to become available I wouldn't have bought my original Kaby Lake on day one. For the next gen cpu's I will hang back a little till the binned ones become available. Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom