NEARLY 2 WEEKS WAITING: Nissan GT-R is finally mine!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Hey all!

So, have decided the car isn't loud enough. Got in touch with Russ Fellows to have a custom exhaust setup made, I listened to various options, but most of them have too much rasp for my liking, or the ones I did like were stupid crazy money, so after speaking with Russ he is going to fabricate me something which will be very loud, but extremely deep and throaty, no rasp, and according to him no drone at cruising speeds! Sounds too good to be true right? Well time will tell.

Will also be heading to Litchfields soon to have a Stage 1 tune applied and also have the latest gearbox updates applied. So all in all, it will be louder, growlier, faster and smoother :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So went through queensway tunnels today in Birmingham, tell you what I've never had such a stupid grin on my face. :D

Can't wait to get a new exhaust on it to make it louder!

OcUK Staff
So went through queensway tunnels today in Birmingham, tell you what I've never had such a stupid grin on my face. :D

Can't wait to get a new exhaust on it to make it louder!

I was entering Meir tunnel yesterday after selling some old suspension, there was a 4x4 on inside lane and as we approached the tunnel I spotted all their windows were dropping as they were looking in their mirrors. It is the first time I've put the new exhaust through a tunnel full chat and oh my, I wet myself hahahaha. :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I was entering Meir tunnel yesterday after selling some old suspension, there was a 4x4 on inside lane and as we approached the tunnel I spotted all their windows were dropping as they were looking in their mirrors. It is the first time I've put the new exhaust through a tunnel full chat and oh my, I wet myself hahahaha. :D

Combined mental age of Gibbo and Kindai.... pushing 10?

:D

OcUK Staff
Very loud but not while cruising, sounds like the ideal combo

Thats a good system. Why I love mine at cruise you do not hear it and it has no drone at any RPM/LOAD, but if you give it a gentle prod it makes a lovely classic V8 burble and gurgle. Floor it and it wakes the dead. :D

Soldato
Every time I look at a Nissan GTR I sigh. I saw the very first one they brought over at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and it was love at first sit. It was hidden away in a tent and we stumbled upon it by accident. I had headroom and legroom (and I was in combat boots) and it went like stink. Unfortunately, by the time I could afford one they had revised it and I no longer had headroom. Last year, maybe the year before, they updated it again, and I still have no headroom.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Have been chatting to Noweeds today alongside Russ fellows.

Thinking of having something made with a diverter valve, so basically an in car button I can use to turn on "hooligan mode", but for when sensible is needed, push it and it will put it through the silencers.

The main concern is there enough room to fit it all!

Associate
Have been chatting to Noweeds today alongside Russ fellows.

Thinking of having something made with a diverter valve, so basically an in car button I can use to turn on "hooligan mode", but for when sensible is needed, push it and it will put it through the silencers.

The main concern is there enough room to fit it all!

Good idea in theory but will need two maps (and a way to easily switch between them) to account for the varying back pressure on the turbos for each exhaust routing.

Back
Top Bottom