Netflix here we go again.

im still paying for my premium netflix in turkish lira that i set up via a vpn about 5 years ago which equates to about £3.69. Im surprised they haven't cracked down on people doing that first.

You don't watch Netflix at your home (presuming that's where the accounts is registered)?

As long as you watch something there every now and again, that's all they are currently saying is required.

Yeah it is watched at our home so hopefully your right at works that way. Otherwise I will jsut vote with my feet as others have suggested

I am torn on Netflix. on one hand there is a lot of good content (right now watching better than us ... it's a Russian Ripoff of Humans. but rip off or not it is very good. Without Netflix I would never have heard. of so much good content.
OTOH there is nothing worse on a TV point of view than something ending on a cliff hanger and then being cancelled. they all do it to a point but Netflix do it so routinely that I almost don't want to bother watching their content and getting invested untill I know the series run is finished.

Yeah I get that. I've only been bitten by that twice. But I am starting to check this. If a show was made in 2019 and only has one series I won't watch.

Unfortunately when you don't watch trashy soaps that are on daily it is tricky finding decent content.

Tend to watch while having food so an episode a day during the week is tricky as you start eating through the backlog.

im still paying for my premium netflix in turkish lira that i set up via a vpn about 5 years ago which equates to about £3.69. Im surprised they haven't cracked down on people doing that first.

Very few are doing that. Password sharing is probably done by 99% of Netflix users. Including their cat and dog.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by this more than anything I think. Some people pay for pirated content now?

I mean, I guess I pay for a VPN for similar reasoning, so I suppose it's not too different? (Or do you still need to pay for a VPN too?)
saves me fannying round checking stream quality etc. 50 quid for the years 'subscription' gets me a decent app with nice cleaUIui that has movies, sports, tv shows, and live tv. seemed like a no brainer to me.

Im just watching old stuff on it nothing worth watching especially what made 2020 onwards
Kaleidoscope is quite well done. Story of a heist but shown at various times before and after before seeing the heist itself and the episodes are in a different order for most people so you form different opinions. It does make discussing the show difficult with your friends though!

Last edited:
So much crap on Netflix these days, think I'm only subscribed now because my mum watches it.

I only sub every now and again now, I cancelled my sub at start of year and now leaving it a few months, January offerings looked average so felt a good time to cancel.

Apple TV has and Prime have been enough for me, both of which are included as part of there respective plans, so I don't cancel these.

I only rotate Netflix and Disney normally, but have neither at present. I just wish Netflix would restructure the price plans, they change everything else, but the plans are stuck in the darks ages, 4k should be as standard and cater for a smaller family with less screens at a cheaper price, and the SD package should be thrown in the bin.

Last edited:
I only sub every now and again now, I cancelled my sub at start of year and now leaving it a few months, January offerings looked average so felt a good time to cancel.

Apple TV has and Prime have been enough for me, both of which are included as part of there respective plans, so I don't cancel these.

I only rotate Netflix and Disney normally, but have neither at present. I just wish Netflix would restructure the price plans, they change everything else, but the plans are stuck in the darks ages, 4k should be as standard and cater for a smaller family with less screens at a cheaper price, and the SD package should be thrown in the bin.

Most people watch Netflix in SD due to mobile devices and people with crappy internet who cant do 4K streaming.

Last edited:
I just wish Netflix would restructure the price plans, they change everything else, but the plans are stuck in the darks ages, 4k should be as standard and cater for a smaller family with less screens at a cheaper price, and the SD package should be thrown in the bin.
I agree although tbh I'd be fine with it if they just included HD (1080) on the 1 screen plan....4k is nice but I'm happy enough with 1080. SD is no good.

Edit: scratch that, I've just checked the plans again and they don't seem to offer the 'basic' tier without ads any more......I'm not paying a sub to watch ads, they can **** right off with that nonsense!

Edit 2: Oh, seems they do, but they try to steer you towards the ad supported one by hiding the non ads plan unless you click the little 'show all plans' text.....absolute scumbags :mad:

Last edited:
saves me fannying round checking stream quality etc. 50 quid for the years 'subscription' gets me a decent app with nice cleaUIui that has movies, sports, tv shows, and live tv. seemed like a no brainer to me.
I'm not sure how much we're allowed to discuss this here, but for a one off payment of £5ish to Plex I have a similar setup. Granted I have to manually select the shows I want, rather than having a full library, but I'm not one to manually flick through channels looking for something to watch, so it works great for me.

I was a little surprised, but I do get it. There are a LOT of things where I pay money as it just makes it easier for me, whereas a lot of people would just do things themselves.

Most people watch Netflix in SD due to mobile devices and people with crappy internet who cant do 4K streaming.

Even so they don’t need a plan for it, just make 4K part of a standard plan and have cheaper HD plan if Netflix want to continue with this route.

Disney and likes don’t have different plans based on picture quality.

Last edited:
Even so they don’t need a plan for it, just make 4K part of a standard plan and have cheaper HD plan if Netflix want to continue with this route.

Disney and likes don’t have different plans based on picture quality.

That make sense but I doubt Netflix will drop it as it makes money. Same as Sky still has an HD package you need to pay for. Instead of rolling it into their 4K package.

I'd say being on a tech forum we are biased to think more people watch/care about picture quality than actually do.

If 4k was included in all tiers all tiers would get more expensive as more people wouldn't need the top tier and pot of cash Netflix would get would reduce otherwise

Back
Top Bottom