Netflix here we go again.

Caporegime
What do you like so much about Netflix? I only have it at the moment as I wanted to watch All Quiet on the Western Front but I’m not seeing much different from the last time I subbed for a month.

I go to the cinema pretty often so there’s nothing on there in the way of movies that would make me subscribe long term. Will watch Drive to Survive but I think that’s passed its peak.

I really only watch fictional TV. Its why I don't need a TV licence. Some of the recent stuff Ive liked or loved.

Arcane
Shadow and bone
Dragon prince
Last kingdom
Sandman
Troll hunters (arcadia series)
Castlevania
Trese
She-ra princess of power
Star trek (all the old series)
Sabrina
Wednesday
Stranger things
Snow piercer
Lost in space
Witcher (and its spin offs, especially the animation )
Locke and key
DOTA
3%
Archive 81
Travellers
glitch

Queens gambit - one of those rare non fiction series! :D

There are probably a lot more. Some of those were OK. A lot were good. And a few were exceptional.

When I trialed D+ all I really liked was wandavision, and a couple of the star wars series, mandalorian being my favourite. But I had a 6 months trial and only lasted 4 months before I went back to Netflix.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really only watch fictional TV. Its why I don't need a TV licence. Some of the recent stuff Ive liked or loved.

Arcane
Shadow and bone
Dragon prince
Last kingdom
Sandman
Troll hunters (arcadia series)
Castlevania
Trese
She-ra princess of power
Star trek (all the old series)
Sabrina
Wednesday
Stranger things
Snow piercer
Lost in space
Witcher (and its spin offs, especially the animation )
Locke and key
DOTA
3%
Archive 81
Travellers
glitch

Queens gambit - one of those rare non fiction series! :D

There are probably a lot more. Some of those were OK. A lot were good. And a few were exceptional.

When I trialed D+ all I really liked was wandavision, and a couple of the star wars series, mandalorian being my favourite. But I had a 6 months trial and only lasted 4 months before I went back to Netflix.

It appears we have extremely similar tastes in TV/movies ...

Arcane was just immense.

You should give The Expanse a go.

Caporegime
My subs are getting a bit silly. My current list is:

Prime (worth it for the delivery though)
Netflix
Discovery+
DAZN
ITV X premium

Works out about £50 a month, and there’s a TV licence and full sky sub with BT sport on top of that.

Watching TV is one expensive hobby these days

Associate
You sure?

Think you’d better give that a check mate.

I’ll get me coat
"The story itself is fictional and drawn from the 1983 coming-of-age novel of the same name by Walter Tevis, who died in August of 1984. Put plainly, Beth Harmon is not a real chess prodigy."

Caporegime
It appears we have extremely similar tastes in TV/movies ...

Arcane was just immense.

You should give The Expanse a go.

The best taste! :D

I tried to watch the expanse. I tried to enjoy it. But it made my head spin. I'm a visual person so with so many characters and hopping through time (ie same character, different actor) and subs.. Couldn't take it in.

Other series like this include

-dark: subs plus complex story was too much for me, 1899 was much easier to follow.

- witcher: although I watched it, because it seemed deliberately obtuse in not helping viewers who didn't know the story it made it a hard watch. I mean they didn't even put "location name" when they went between places.

Last edited:
Soldato

Netflix
Discovery+
DAZN
ITV X premium

Works out about £50 a month, and there’s a TV licence and full sky sub with BT sport on top of that.

know people spend that amount on a night out.

On the other hand, newspapers are stupidly expensive. Our local rag, Leicester Mercury is £1.40 per day and published Mon-Sat. Some of the headlines were online a few days before!

Permabanned

Netflix
Discovery+
DAZN
ITV X premium

Do you think DAZN is worth it? Trying to talk myself into spending £100 to watch the fight tonight and AJs too.

Back
Top Bottom