Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
This vid came out back in June when they first announced the password crackdown and I don't think I shared it, but it's an absolute masterpiece :D

***Video removed due to swearing***

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Turkey accounts signed overseas have seen a massive cull in the past few weeks. Mines renewed on 23rd Feb and on the 26th I got an account inactive error. Went onto chat support and was told it has been closed due to suspicious activity. They werent willing to reactive the account over chat or provide a refund, only told to do a chargeback from my bank. Attempts to re-open the account and trying to do a new account havent worked.

Soldato
It's hard to open a turkey account to pay by card as few are accepted but redeeming gift cards still seems to work (for now)

Last edited:
Associate
They closed that loophole a long time ago.
Not if you use gift cards as the payment method.

Turkey accounts signed overseas have seen a massive cull in the past few weeks. Mines renewed on 23rd Feb and on the 26th I got an account inactive error. Went onto chat support and was told it has been closed due to suspicious activity. They werent willing to reactive the account over chat or provide a refund, only told to do a chargeback from my bank. Attempts to re-open the account and trying to do a new account havent worked.
Wasn't aware of that, mine is still working fine but I'll only top up 1 month at a time from now on.

Edit: If you were told to do a chargeback from your bank I'm assuming you weren't using the gift card method, so maybe they're just targeting accounts where the payment method doesn't match the credit/debit card country, which explains why my account is still fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Not if you use gift cards as the payment method.

Wasn't aware of that, mine is still working fine but I'll only top up 1 month at a time from now on.

Edit: If you were told to do a chargeback from your bank I'm assuming you weren't using the gift card method, so maybe they're just targeting accounts where the payment method doesn't match the credit/debit card country, which explains why my account is still fine.

Searching for this sorta thread after watching a NordVPN ad on YT.

Can you ELI5 for me how to safely do so please? Interested in doing similar for Netflix, Disney+, PrimeVideo, F1TV if possible.

Soldato
and even then - is it worth it

Nowtv Come back and
stream for £1
Here’s an epic offer – should you choose to accept it. Save over 80% on more of the latest blockbusters. In Full HD* and on 3 devices at once with free Boost.
£9.99 £1 a month

FOR 3 MONTHS
+ 1 month free Boost

Offer ends Sunday‌ 17‌ March
Claim exclusive offer
Cinema Membership automatically renews at £9.99 a month after 3 months, unless cancelled. Cancel anytime. After 1 month offer period, Boost auto-renews at £6 a month unless cancelled. Cancel anytime.

Soldato
I wouldn't mind subbing to Now TV, but that boost charge to get full HD is just rubbish, that should be standard now, paying extra for 1080p, lol.

Netflix wielded the cancel hammer again for The Brothers Sun! Very good series, series 1 did wrap it up slightly, but it could have easily had a series 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't mind subbing to Now TV, but that boost charge to get full HD is just rubbish, that should be standard now, paying extra for 1080p, lol.

Netflix wielded the cancel hammer again for The Brothers Sun! Very good series, series 1 did wrap it up slightly, but it could have easily had a series 2.

2010 Was my first Blu-ray + TV that could play it and now 300 years later I'm looking at 8K TV's and potentially paying NowTV extra to give me 1080p on that TV :D

Oh and I have to buy a licence to watch it :(

Soldato
2010 Was my first Blu-ray + TV that could play it and now 300 years later I'm looking at 8K TV's and potentially paying NowTV extra to give me 1080p on that TV :D

Oh and I have to buy a licence to watch it :(
I don't have now TV but I never really thought about needing a licence. We did when we had proper sky, streaming services make it more complicated as really any TV can watch BBC if they choose, with or without sky or nowtv.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom