Netflix here we go again.

str

str

Soldato
Billing shows £15.99/m for last 12 months. Always thought of it as good value. Two family members who moved out ages ago use it at another address. Sometimes two or three use it at same time.

Will they offer us to pay a bit more for a second IP address?

Permabanned
It's worse tv and the TV licence costs more than netflix anyways. If ditching one then see ya later broadcast TV

If you can't afford netflix you can't afford normal TV then.

Indeed, well pointed out. But Netflix may be classed as the extra here. So maybe can afford a tv licence but not extra Netflix a streaming. Can still watch plenty other material with no tv licence.

Soldato
Indeed, well pointed out. But Netflix may be classed as the extra here. So maybe can afford a tv licence but not extra Netflix a streaming. Can still watch plenty other material with no tv licence.

But you don't need a TV licence for netflix so instead of limited love TV you could get two subscription services such as prime and netflix for same price (assuming you don't for a 4k) package.

There isn't all that much out there without a licence or subscription. You have YT (as long as not a live broadcast) but you can't really watch a lot without a license or have a subscription of some sort.

Permabanned
But you don't need a TV licence for netflix so instead of limited love TV you could get two subscription services such as prime and netflix for same price (assuming you don't for a 4k) package.

There isn't all that much out there without a licence or subscription. You have YT (as long as not a live broadcast) but you can't really watch a lot without a license or have a subscription of some sort.

Only if you get the lowest packages of each.

str

str

Soldato
Before Netflix we had Sky TV with addons and a TV licence which cost over £1K/year and most of the content was drivel.

Netflix, Prime Video, Paramount+, Disney+, etc are all entertaining replacements.

We haven't watched broadcast TV for many years and while I would prefer to be able to watch some of it, I can't because the government makes dumb TV licence demands on behalf of the BBC. I'm fine with it, it's lawful, but people don't really have a need to pay it anymore.

The TV licence terms got worse (can't watch BBC iPlayer) when it should have been deemed unlawful by reason of stupidity. :D

I read the BBC website instead. Would it be dumb to charge a fee for that? I'd pay a fee for the BBC website content creators and infrastructure people to be able to keep their jobs but maybe I'd be in the minority and it wouldn't be enough?

str

str

Soldato
You can you just don’t get caught. :D

It’s dog eat dog world out there.

I prefer to think I am banned from watching broadcast TV. It isn't about the TV licence fee, it's the solidarity to not agree it should exist the way it does.

I've been coming around to needing to start paying the TV licence again, because I'm British, regardless that I'm unlikely to watch broadcast TV again.

For me, the legal enforcement of the TV licence fee is an injustice. Some people genuinely cannot afford it or intellectually cannot abide that it exists, but instead of looking after these British people, the government provides legislation which allows them to be harassed and sometimes prosecuted.

When the TV licence inspector came to the door a few years ago, I asked am I legally obligated to speak to you?

Of course, the answer was no and I said thank you and quietly shut the door.

Perhaps we should have an affordable BBC licence fee and of course we will pay it because well duh we're British?

Of course, this new cheaper BBC can't pay market salary for famous talent? I expect Mr Lineker would work for nothing to present MOTD. Evidently he enjoys having a laugh with his mates and they can still choose to be paid while doing so.

Working for the BBC would be a privilege and of course not getting even more rich will be acceptable.

How much do judges make these days? BBC talent salaries could be capped similarly. The content is what really matters, not the famous faces presenting it.

Back
Top Bottom