Netflix here we go again.

Caporegime
Apple TV is getting better, slowly.

You can probably sign up for a month and watch it all honestly and then don't need to go back in for 6 months. What they have mostly are quite serious and heavier stuff, whereas Netflix has a lot of fluff.

I just watched the documentary Still - Michael J Fox doc and it's really well done.

Soldato
I'm on a 5 month free sub from Barclaycard for Apple TV at the mo and not something i'd likely maintain as it needs to grow a lot - there are some real gems spotted around though.

Soldato
I can see people starting to cancel their accounts once it's fully implemented.

yeah just cancelled after getting the email. I've only stayed subbed really as parents and brother have been using it as well. Most the my favourite series has basically been killed in one way or another over the last few years

going forward think I'll just stay subbed to a single streaming service at a time and rotate them, just catch up on what's good every few months

Permabanned
yeah just cancelled after getting the email. I've only stayed subbed really as parents and brother have been using it as well. Most the my favourite series has basically been killed in one way or another over the last few years

going forward think I'll just stay subbed to a single streaming service at a time and rotate them, just catch up on what's good every few months

If you shop around you get trials all the time.

Caporegime
Out of curiosity, how did you decide it was all garbage? I hope not just flicking through things in the app?

Googling a list of best shows on Netflix, even if more than two thirds are not my thing, I could easily list 20 that I've watched and thought were really good. There are probably another 20 shows that I've not seen but are often talked about as being good.
Flicking through categorised things in the app. My fetish is Sci-Fi. I watched a couple shows that were... I guess OK, but then really struggled as the more I watched the worse it got.

It's not just my opinion, tho. There's been a lot of criticism that they're basically going for the quantity over quality approach, and, having lost just about every 3rd party catalogue, have to rely on churning out as much in-house as possible. And quality control is basically dead ;)

Caporegime
Yeah i share an account with a friend but we both decided to cancel when they enforce it here.
I'll use it till it stops.

We pay for so many streaming services it's a joke I think I'll be jack sparrow come next year.

Last edited:
Associate
I share our Netflix with my sister in law and she shares two accounts from her Spotify family pass.
Really do not wanna pay this extra £4.99 to Netflix but not really anyway for me to get out of it without losing free Spotify lol.
I dont even watch netflix, its all crap.

Caporegime
I share our Netflix with my sister in law and she shares two accounts from her Spotify family pass.
Really do not wanna pay this extra £4.99 to Netflix but not really anyway for me to get out of it without losing free Spotify lol.
I dont even watch netflix, its all crap.

I share mine with the whole family, stopped using it ages ago but don't want to cancel because I can't be arsed being that guy who removes everyone's Netflix access. So I actually hope I get banned.

Soldato
Cancelled after 10+ years of subscribing. It's just full of rubbish and stopped even bothering to try and find something worth watching. So much filler. I find better things to watch on Prime and even the Freevee service.

Got an email about the account sharing and setting the home address this week too....about a week or so before the sub runs out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom