Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
Sorry, I meant all the person outside of the primary house has to do is login to netflix on their laptop. Connect laptop to TV via hdmi and output through the TV. As login is through a mobile device it'd not be detected.

Unsure how this would effect image quality etc though.
That not going to work as the laptop will be using the wifi IP address of the house it in.
Which of cause is going be different to the primary household IP address

Last edited:
Associate
That not going to work as the laptop will be using the wifi IP address of the house it in.
Which of cause is going be different to the primary household IP address

The information provided further up said that isn't the case for mobile devices such as laptops, mobile phones etc. Only if a TV is detected logging on would it cross check the IP

str

str

Soldato
Netflix on the TV you get the option to choose "Not now."

Presumably everyone will eventually have a designated primary location set in the account.

Associate
Not 100% sure if it detects laptop to TV connection as of yet. Not tried it.

Be useful to know. The TV itself would be receiving no network info so I reckon it may work. The other downside though is you have to get up and set things going on your laptop and can't use your TV control to flick through stuff. Simple work around however if this does work.

Soldato
Be useful to know. The TV itself would be receiving no network info so I reckon it may work. The other downside though is you have to get up and set things going on your laptop and can't use your TV control to flick through stuff. Simple work around however if this does work.

It is a work around to continue illegality. Anybody who continues to manipulate the terms and conditions has absolutely no cause it criticise anybody else for anything that they do.

Soldato
Absolute faff just to get around it.
Don't really want all traffic routing through a VPN anyway as the connection speed will be limited, wonder if a proxy would work.

That said until Netflix actually take any action then it doesn't really matter, will just need the account holder to verify devices every 30 days.

Caporegime
Don't really want all traffic routing through a VPN anyway as the connection speed will be limited, wonder if a proxy would work.

That said until Netflix actually take any action then it doesn't really matter, will just need the account holder to verify devices every 30 days.
My vpn is quick enough for HD at least. Haven't got 4k so no idea on that

Associate
Why not just pay the subs now that they have flagged that it is not legal in their T and C. Piracy is illegal.

Person I share from currently has their Netflix attached via another service thus subs cannot be added. If it ends up being too much hassle I'll just not use Netflix anymore and go back to Freeview HD only. Survived before with just that and will again!

Back
Top Bottom