Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
My local fish n chip shop. :D
Funny you should say that.. The Rate my Takeaway bloke goes to places and gets fish and chips, one of each sauce and sometimes fishcake or another side and it costs about £12 up leeds way.. In Derby at most places Large fish, Small chips, Mushy peas and Curry Sauce is bloody £15!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Funny you should say that.. The Rate my Takeaway bloke goes to places and gets fish and chips, one of each sauce and sometimes fishcake or another side and it costs about £12 up leeds way.. In Derby at most places Large fish, Small chips, Mushy peas and Curry Sauce is bloody £15!!! :eek:

That's stupid, I wouldn't buy it at that price.

My local has contacts who gets fresh every couple days direct from the docs.

Soldato
It hasn't been under £10 since about 2019 either. The two decent kebab places around here are £22 for a large mixed kebab. A curry now is about £16 for a main and rice.

Exactly it's expensive almost everywhere now, surprised anyone amazed by anything under £12.

I frequent Whitby regularly with the family, pretty rare to get a fish and chips under £15. Most expensive is about £22.

Last edited:
Soldato
You making me cry here. If them prices ever come around this way nobody would buy them.

I'm fairly confident of saying that.
Fair enough, that pretty standard everywhere I go, Banubry, Oxford, Witney, Bicester, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Leamington Spa are all similar with places I go regular enough to know prices. Add £5-£6 for a delivery fee. There is genuinely one that has a £25 charge for under £100 orders near me haha. We get take away once a month and for two people it is normally £40 ish to get a starter, main, drink.

Exactly it's expensive almost everywhere now, surprised you're amazed by anything under £12

I frequent Whitby regularly with the family, pretty rare to get a fish and chips under £15. Most expensive is about £22.

Indeed, just mental now. A decent bit of fish from local fish mongers is about £7 a piece too and not much less from the supermarket. How anyone can get fish and chips for £5 is beyond me.

Soldato
Fair enough, that pretty standard everywhere I go, Banubry, Oxford, Witney, Bicester, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Leamington Spa are all similar with places I go regular enough to know prices. Add £5-£6 for a delivery fee. There is genuinely one that has a £25 charge for under £100 orders near me haha. We get take away once a month and for two people it is normally £40 ish to get a starter, main, drink.

Indeed, just mental now. A decent bit of fish from local fish mongers is about £7 a piece too and not much less from the supermarket. How anyone can get fish and chips for £5 is beyond me.
UK average is apparently £11 there is a place in Blackpool claiming the cheapest in country at £5.25 according to this article

Fish and Chips for less that a fiver feels more like something from the 90's than the 2020's!

Permabanned
Lol guy is clearly lying, or buying it from the subsidised work cafe :p Even in the North East you can’t find fish and chips sub £12.

I'll prove it when I'm next in. :)

Don't call someone a liar until you get the evidence. Watch this space and I'll prove it.

In centre of Durham it's expensive that's because you have places like Bells Fish & Chips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom