Netflix here we go again.

You can save £7 a month or maybe more if you're on EE and just add Netflix as an inclusive perk. I'm now paying £3 a month for the Standard 1080p package which is fine by me for the few stuff I watch on there from time to time, and 1080P is also good enough quality anyway.

I know different strokes and all that, but I've never seen the attraction for such a fake "sport".

I'd sooner watch paint dry than wrestling, I'd get more entertainment out of it.
I found it surprising that Netflix announced a deal with WWE, always found it niche entertainment. But WWE is worth almost $7 billion so somebody is enjoying oversized men dancing around in tights.

I know different strokes and all that, but I've never seen the attraction for such a fake "sport".

I'd sooner watch paint dry than wrestling, I'd get more entertainment out of it.
Look at it like a soap than a sport tbh, when they have a banging storyline you can't help but get invested.
Shame most of the stuff is absolutely dreadful

I found it surprising that Netflix announced a deal with WWE, always found it niche entertainment. But WWE is worth almost $7 billion so somebody is enjoying oversized men dancing around in tights.
It's even more popular now than it was back in the 90s, it just has less of a cultural impact than it did back then

When ever I hear WWE I think.

Y1T7nUY.gif

Let's be fair, football has just as much drama as wrestling, and footy just as much relies on it for entertainment. Seems like every game there's player trying it on with a foul, aka cheating.

perhaps it's popular in netflix principal market - usa ? S.Americans definitely into it (colorful costumes)

ie: Little-known outside of Latin America, Lucha Libre is heading to the US – here's what you need to know

e:

Last edited:
Netflix added 13.1 million worldwide subscribers in the last three months of 2023. So the crackdown on password sharing worked a treat.

And now they’ll be back to increasing the price. The boycott groups are always the same, like the CoD boycott where the whole group was playing it on release, always made me laugh.

Last edited:
Let's be fair, football has just as much drama as wrestling, and footy just as much relies on it for entertainment. Seems like every game there's player trying it on with a foul, aka cheating.

I'd say I like the game of football, even watching it, I'll sometimes watch Barnet FC play as my old man supports them, I went through a phase of watching Peterborough when I lived there for a years.

I used to watch football a lot when I was younger.

But.... The money, politics, drama and bad sportsmanship has completely put me off and I basically have no interest anymore.

I could just.... about tell you the manager of England is Gareth Southgate, after that, no idea.

I will never understand why you should have to pay extra to not received ads, jacking up the price forcing more people onto the "ad supported" option. There'll probably be a lot of people sailing the high seas because of all the price increases. Paying for the privilege for watching that content with ads? Both Netflix & the rainforest can pound sand.

Last edited:
I wish they offered an option like Prime, where it’s cheaper to sign up for a year than a monthly fee. At least then you’ll lock in the price for a year

My guess is their stats show very few opt for a few months binge watching and merely end up subbing for years on end. I guess they feel they own the monopoly and can control the market. The reports and posts here do seem to support this somewhat.

I'm contemplating trying the fiver sub with ads for a month. Zero chance of me subbing anything past March though as sunlight returns.

Tbh I'm happy with 10.99 a month. It Could go to 14.99 before I considered ditching then coming back.

As long as content keeps flowing ill keep paying.

Its the only streamer I really like. It's the only TV I have. (I don't have a TV licence).

I love Netflix and I'm glad they are doing well. My only annoyance is they have recently cut a few shows I love. Content is drying up though. But that's the reason I'll ditch. 10.99 is absolutely fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom