Netflix here we go again.

You can save £7 a month or maybe more if you're on EE and just add Netflix as an inclusive perk. I'm now paying £3 a month for the Standard 1080p package which is fine by me for the few stuff I watch on there from time to time, and 1080P is also good enough quality anyway.
Didn't know that. I'm on EE so ill check my account.

You can save £7 a month or maybe more if you're on EE and just add Netflix as an inclusive perk. I'm now paying £3 a month for the Standard 1080p package which is fine by me for the few stuff I watch on there from time to time, and 1080P is also good enough quality anyway.

I cant seem to find this as an add-on to my account... Its a slightly older plan which (pre-Roaming change which means I keep my free roaming access as part of my data/mins/text) so perhaps they wont allow it?

Will check it out, is it easy to cancel, also do you use your EE credentials to sign into Netflix or can I carry on using my Netflix credentials.

edit/ can't find it on mine either, think to get it you need another inclusive extra, do you have any other inclusive perks added to your plan?

Last edited:
Will check it out, is it easy to cancel, also do you use your EE credentials to sign into Netflix or can I carry on using my Netflix credentials.

edit/ can't find it on mine either, think to get it you need another inclusive extra, do you have any other inclusive perks added to your plan?
I don;t think it's part of the Essentials packages if that's what you have? I renewed my SIM only package to an All Rounder (£25/month for 125GB data, unlimited everything else + 20% discount via EE Perk) - That package includes one inclusive extra to pick and you can swap them around every 30 days, I picked Netflix!

I don;t think it's part of the Essentials packages if that's what you have? I renewed my SIM only package to an All Rounder (£25/month for 125GB data, unlimited everything else + 20% discount via EE Perk) - That package includes one inclusive extra to pick and you can swap them around every 30 days, I picked Netflix!

Probably why I cant choose it. I have a legacy (pre April 2021) contract. I refuse to change for now as it allows me to use my mobile abroad and takes the data/calls/sms from my allowance as if I was in the UK... If you change after it then you get charged for roaming (unless you pay extra for packages)

Probably why I cant choose it. I have a legacy (pre April 2021) contract. I refuse to change for now as it allows me to use my mobile abroad and takes the data/calls/sms from my allowance as if I was in the UK... If you change after it then you get charged for roaming (unless you pay extra for packages)
We got atung with that as I didn't realise when we got new deals. I think I am on essentials as it was cheapest. Might live chat with them tonight.

I would happily cancel most of the streaming services we have but the missus likes to be able to snack on 20 different services periodically without having to actually do any work.

Sounds just like my missus, we haven't watched Netflix in a couple of months now - using Disney+ a lot at the moment. But try telling her to cancel it and resubscribe later when we need Netflix again just falls on deaf ears.

Sounds just like my missus, we haven't watched Netflix in a couple of months now - using Disney+ a lot at the moment. But try telling her to cancel it and resubscribe later when we need Netflix again just falls on deaf ears.

Yeah, she likes to peruse across the dozens of services. Half the time shes just watching stuff for the sake of it. We have:

Disney
Netflix
Amazon
Apple +

Then the half a dozen things like BBC iplayer, all 4. Its ridiculous.

Yeah, she likes to peruse across the dozens of services. Half the time shes just watching stuff for the sake of it. We have:

Disney
Netflix
Amazon
Apple +

Then the half a dozen things like BBC iplayer, all 4. Its ridiculous.
Congratulations on steering her away from the pit of hayu, the lowest form of entertainment.

nowtv/sky trying hard to sell their junk to me .

Big shows. Tiny price.

Stream headline-grabbing dramas like True Detective: Night Country for a whole lot less. And with free Boost, enjoy it in Full HD* and on 3 devices at once.

£9.99 £4.99 a month

FOR 6 MONTHS

6 month minimum term
Saving based on fully flexible membership
and the small print - lol

Entertainment Membership automatically renews at £9.99 a month after 6 month minimum term. Cancel anytime effective at the end of the minimum term. After 1 month offer period, Boost Membership auto-renews at £6 a month unless cancelled. Cancel anytime.

I've gone ahead and cancelled my membership. I'm abroad since last month and the missus can't watch netflix. Contacted Netflix who confirmed we should have 2 accounts, as we are not living at the same address.

Will be re-subscribing a few months a year from now, to binge watch the few series we like.

nowtv/sky trying hard to sell their junk to me .

and the small print - lol

Chances are if you take it for a month then cancel you'll get dire warnings about how you are going to lose out on your deal, followed by an offer of £3.99/m for 6 months...

I dunno why these sites can't just give a decent price for streaming including boost features in the first place.

Last edited:
I'd bet many people just can't be bothered or forget. I always remember one mate jokingly saying that sometimes he just can't be bothered with the hassle of comparison websites for an hour and would rather just do something fun. I guess it's a tried and tested tactic that works.

Since getting rid of Sky TV they've constantly spammed us with junk mail and phonecalls, I've updated our contact preferences to none and they just mythered us even more lol! So I've enabled Sky Talk Shield (still have their phoneline/b.band) which filters out nuisance calls, I've added Sky to the block list, hehe blocked by their own product. Only pay to view service we have now is Netflix and it gets used lots in our house, wouldn't want to be without it now.

Chances are if you take it for a month then cancel you'll get dire warnings about how you are going to lose out on your deal, followed by an offer of £3.99/m for 6 months...

I dunno why these sites can't just give a decent price for streaming including boost features in the first place.
Yeah last one I had was £3 a month and then £1 a month for boost. Didn't mind paying that for a few months but cancelled when it ended.

Back
Top Bottom