Netflix here we go again.

I only have Netflix rolling, generally I always find something to watch on it, though it has its slow patches for good stuff.

I just checked if I keep the Netflix 4k sub for a year that’s £215!

I also sub to Apple Music.

I might be better going back to Amazon prime and subbing to their unlimited music plan.
Though there is that ad free thing now as well, how do people find the ads on prime video?

Last edited:

Here we go again, Netflix increasing prices. Changes in Italy and Spain are now being rolled-out.

Netflix profits rose from $1.6bn in the same period last year to $2.3bn. However, the company is under pressure to provide investors who want more returns.

My netflix is only a few quid a month thanks to EE perks, so until that increases I'll continue using it as I am now I think.

I only have Netflix rolling, generally I always find something to watch on it, though it has its slow patches for good stuff.

I just checked if I keep the Netflix 4k sub for a year that’s £215!

I also sub to Apple Music.

I might be better going back to Amazon prime and subbing to their unlimited music plan.
Though there is that ad free thing now as well, how do people find the ads on prime video?

What ads ;)

Does seem we are going full circle yet again though, many people stopped watching TV because of the ads and annual licence fee, they jumped to streaming because you had one platform with all the content and no ads or licence fee, then more and more platforms appeared, each wanting its own subscription fee, then the adverts started to be annoying, now having captured a huge audience, they want to increase the cost yet again, want to remove ads, pay us even more money etc etc.

Last edited:
Netflix profits rose from $1.6bn in the same period last year to $2.3bn. However, the company is under pressure to provide investors who want more returns.
They could try to have one Good movie every month and one Good tv series every 3 months.

instead of pushing out generic garbage and thinking quantity is everything.

Even the scifi channel etc used to have good stuff and they couldn't have had huge budgets

Last edited:
i go NF with ads for a £5, I easily watch enough to cover that, between myself my wife and my daughter.
Prime is the only other thing I subscribe to, and it can be great, (citadel:diana, fallout) and equally NOT..... but the other benefits are vastly useful.

I cancelled my Netflix for the first time last month. Haven't missed it yet. I'll subscribe for a month or 2 a year now, but greedy shareholders demanding more profits will be the end of the service.
Exactly what we did. We did a month the other month (lol) and actually there wasn't much on there that we wanted to watch.
Not missed it at all, thought we would though.

Got to be getting close to that limit.
I expect more people will rotate as time goes on.
20ppm is about my limit for TV pricing I'd say.

They probably can't go much more without people dropping to buying 3 months then moving.

But as I've found out many more people than I realised are passive and never switch.

Banks,
Mobile,
Broadband,
Insurance

Loads of people just accept price rises.

Just remember to threaten to leave when your contract is nearing its end, otherwise they like to fleece you.

Yeah, I’ve gone through the cancel process a few times for the ultra boost, got that at £4 a month for six months and have the entertainment package for £6.99 for the same time.
Can’t grumble at that!

I need to pull my finger out and get rid of Disney. I just got apple free with my bank and with prime, sky and netflix (that I can't get rid of because my parents get it off me)

but there are only so many hrs in the day to watch TV.

I downgraded to the Netflix poverty tier for £5/month. Don’t watch a ton and most of what I watch doesn’t need to be 4K. Still have D+ which is peanuts as an O2 add on. Prime I’ve cancelled, nothing I want to watch at the moment and the delivery is still quick and free to a pick up location (which is my preference anyway).

Back
Top Bottom