Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
YAAAR!
fetchimage

:D

Caporegime
I'm still not sure what this means for us.
We follow the rules. But in unsure how they will handle watching somewhere else.

I'm sure it will be no problem as we are home most of the time but for frequent travellers in not sure.

I guess a combination of device IDs and IPs.

Noted that D+ is losing a significant amount of cash. I say good. Too many streaming services out there

Last edited:
Associate
As soon as you say "this IP address is where you can watch" and then they require some convoluted way of gaining access from somewhere else and cause all kinds of hassle is the time I will cancel. Its barely used these days in the house anyway.

Caporegime
As soon as you say "this IP address is where you can watch" and then they require some convoluted way of gaining access from somewhere else and cause all kinds of hassle is the time I will cancel. Its barely used these days in the house anyway.

Its the only viewing content I have.
No free view, no D+, no prime. Just Netflix.

The others aren't worth it to me. Especially not D+. D+ is the type of service I'd sign up to for 1 month a year off something good comes out.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK > https://mashable.com/article/netflix-password-sharing-how-to
>Unblock a device (outside of primary location)
When someone signs into your account from a device that is not part of your primary location, that device may be blocked from watching Netflix.

If your device has been blocked, you have the following options:

If you are traveling, request a temporary code to give you access to Netflix for 7 consecutive days.

If you are not part of the account owner’s household, sign up for a new Netflix account.

>How Netflix detects devices within a primary location
We use information such as IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity to determine whether a device signed into your account is connected to your primary location.

Caporegime

What will annoy me. As pointed out in the article.

I mostly watch Netflix at home via smartphone+chrome cast
If away I will watch on my laptop.

If the experience of having to get access to watch on my laptop is annoying/cumbersome/unreliable i would start to get annoyed by this. If it got to point it started not being available due to being away with no phone signal and needing this to get the code (for example) that would be a whole different matter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started to go that way when we had 100's online streaming services and exclusives were spread among them all.

This was inevitable. Everyone jumped ship to the few services as much cheaper than cable etc. Then all the businesses do decided they each wanted their own slice of the pie.

Currently I have netflix/disney/hbomax/Spotify. (Hbo is free (adverts) though with my phone service).

I think netflix is $21 dollars for me right now with the number of screens used.

Caporegime
It's coming full circle that you can either pay £50+ for all the content or get it all for free. As has been said many times but most of all by Gabe Newell, piracy is primarily a service issue, not a monetary one. I can access just about anything I want at no cost. I choose to subscribe to Netflix, D+ and Prime and I get Paramount+ and now Discovery+ free with Sky. Anything else I'd likely not pay extra for. I'm sure many feel the same.

Soldato
This was inevitable. Everyone jumped ship to the few services as much cheaper than cable etc. Then all the businesses do decided they each wanted their own slice of the pie.

Currently I have netflix/disney/hbomax/Spotify. (Hbo is free (adverts) though with my phone service).

I think netflix is $21 dollars for me right now with the number of screens used.

If it wasnt for the Turkish loophole (this no longer works BTW), I would have cancelled Netflix ages ago.

I dont use it but for less than £5 a month and my brother uses it back in the UK. I dont mind, for now.

Last edited:
Associate
If it wasnt for the Turkish loophole (this no longer works BTW), I would have cancelled Netflix ages ago.

I dont use it but for less than £5 a month and my brother uses it back in the UK. I dont mind, for now.
Still works with gift cards doesn't it? I'm wondering if setting up a "primary location" will break it though as it might change your account's region. If so I'll go back to other means as the convenience isn't worth £16 per month to me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's coming full circle that you can either pay £50+ for all the content or get it all for free. As has been said many times but most of all by Gabe Newell, piracy is primarily a service issue, not a monetary one. I can access just about anything I want at no cost. I choose to subscribe to Netflix, D+ and Prime and I get Paramount+ and now Discovery+ free with Sky. Anything else I'd likely not pay extra for. I'm sure many feel the same.

I won't. Subscribe to 2 services at a time.
Amazon is picking up and Netflix has so much I like but everything else is a couple of shows at best. I'm not subscribing and cancelling for that.

The deluge of streamers is pushing people back to torrents.

Soldato
Still works with gift cards doesn't it? I'm wondering if setting up a "primary location" will break it though as it might change your account's region. If so I'll go back to other means as the convenience isn't worth £16 per month to me.

Not sure, I didnt know what was a thing.

Back
Top Bottom