• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW AMD R7 & R9 SERIES NOW IN STOCK & AVAILABLE!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Because £160 is not <£150? :p

May be it is someone's principle on not spending more than £150 on a graphic card lol

So in 12 months you will spend £150 on a card which will potentially perform worse than now as the games coming out in a years time could be more demanding, is one way of looking at it.

If we wait for price drops, new products in theory we'd never actually buy anything. ;)

Associate
Ahh - just caved and ordered a HIS HD 7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition to go crossfire - and noticed the 280x equivalent is actually cheaper - as is the gigabyte winforce 7970. :S

Are there any issues with crossfiring a 280x and 7970 since they are basically the same card?

Caporegime
Ahh - just caved and ordered a HIS HD 7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition to go crossfire - and noticed the 280x equivalent is actually cheaper - as is the gigabyte winforce 7970. :S

Are there any issues with crossfiring a 280x and 7970 since they are basically the same card?

thats a very good question, don't bank on it. we may get more info on that soon.

Associate
What would people do here, wait it out and see how the 290X performs (which I've pre-ordered on here) or buy 2 x HIS HD 7950 IceQ Boost for potentially a large saving?

I plan to game at 1080p for the considerable future, as I've not long purchased a 144hz Benq monitor. I've never used SLI or Xfire because I've always been tentative about running into problems.

Thanks for advice :)

Back
Top Bottom