** New MacBook Pro.. In here if you intend to buy **

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Soldato
The Apple.com tracking is awful, it just doesn't work. You want to do it on apecode.com if your Mac is coming via Kuehne+Nagel, it tells you ever detail.

Soldato
arty said:
Holland is better than China, but I don't think I'll get it until next week now :p

arty

Nope once it's in Holland it takes 1-3 days. Mine is at the UPS depot now merging with my accessories. Fingers crossed delivery tomorrow or Monday :)

Edit: where are you tracking yours Arty?

Soldato
Justin said:
Nope once it's in Holland it takes 1-3 days. Mine is at the UPS depot now merging with my accessories. Fingers crossed delivery tomorrow or Monday :)

Edit: where are you tracking yours Arty?

On the TNT International assignment tracking website.

5bjoshua said:
When mine was an arnhem it took a couple days longer. So expect in a couple days.

I'm sure they won't deliver on a Saturday, so I'm expecting Monday or Tuesday with luck.

arty

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Mine is estimated 26-27th June, shipping today :)

Hopefully that estimate will fall and I'll have it next Friday or sooner.

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB*
160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
SuperDrive 8X
MacBook Pro 17-in Hi-Res GL WS
NO MODEM
NO OPTIONAL SW
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS-B
Country Kit-GBR

*Bought elsewhere

Soldato
Hi EVH,

Nice spec there, Im gonna be getting exactly the same apart from only 2GB of memory (will get more if needs be from elesewhere).

Now what I would like to know is how that Hi Res Glossy screen is in sunlight/brigh light? I went into an Apple store and from what I could see there was some reflection on the Glossy and none on the Matte. But obviously I couldn't take it out into the daylight. Would it be possible for you to take some pictures of it in the daylight?

Soldato
Mine's just arrived in Northampton - not a million miles away now. I assume they don't deliver at weekends, so it'll probably be a Monday job too.

arty

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
AFK_Matrix said:
Hi EVH,

Nice spec there, Im gonna be getting exactly the same apart from only 2GB of memory (will get more if needs be from elesewhere).

Now what I would like to know is how that Hi Res Glossy screen is in sunlight/brigh light? I went into an Apple store and from what I could see there was some reflection on the Glossy and none on the Matte. But obviously I couldn't take it out into the daylight. Would it be possible for you to take some pictures of it in the daylight?
To be honest I only went glossy because my last few MBPs were matte and I haven't looked back since.

Don't use it out in daylight, but it's never troubled me indoors since I've had it.. even sitting in a brightly lit room with a window directly behind me :) If you are undecided I would highly recommend the glossy mainly because it's a nice change from matte and everything seems nicer.. also it's easier to clean!

No pics yet as I haven't got it .... yet.

Soldato
Drool.

EVH what is the spec of the ram? SODIMM DDR2 2GB sticks?

Hmm... I'm severely tempted, although I have a feeling they're quad core the October refresh with Lepoard onboard too..

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
NickK said:
Drool.

EVH what is the spec of the ram? SODIMM DDR2 2GB sticks?

Hmm... I'm severely tempted, although I have a feeling they're quad core the October refresh with Lepoard onboard too..
Yes, but by buying this MBP now it will have greater resale value in September ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Get those pictures in the Mac Gallery Justin!!

Mine should be here sometime next week :)

Back
Top Bottom