** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I read the reviews of the 27” version and many dont like the curve as it’s to much. Would the bigger g9 version have a less of a curve as it’s basically 2 monitors together ?
Some reviews are saying you get a lot of black crush and looses a lot of detail in dark areas.

Not to sure about the curve as I do photoshop as well. Not seriously but as a hobby.

what to do as u can get 3 27” ips monitors for the same price which gives you more workable area and no curves.
Not to sure what to do

Associate
Prob why they been recalled because of that danger. I bet they had a few calls with the same problem and if u cut yourself because of there’s a flaw well that’s it.

Last edited:
Associate
Samsung representatives said that all Odyssey G9 monitors that have already been ordered but have not yet been handed over to end-users should be subjected to additional quality checks, and delays in deliveries are expected. “To ensure optimal performance for Samsung Odyssey G9 monitors, Samsung has improved the manufacturing process for assembling them. All buyers ordered the monitors, which have not yet been delivered, starting from July 15, will undergo new quality control, which may affect the delay of delivery “ – said in a statement the company.

The company does not indicate any specific defects in the monitor. However, some Odyssey G9 users report having encountered a malfunctioning NVIDIA G-Sync technology, while others have noted problems with the backlight. But, apparently, the main reason is a more serious manufacturing defect.

It looks like the main reason Samsung has decided to resort to the ” new quality check” is the peel – off-panel at the top of the monitor. Many users publish photos in which this monitor defect is clearly visible. At the same time, some owners report slight delamination of the matrix, while others complain that more than 10 cm of the panel has already peeled off from the monitor case.

Associate
Haha awesome! I think I will just stick with it and wait as there is nothing that really comes close on the market. I'm coming from a PG348Q so this will be a decent upgrade.
I know, I tried really hard to get something else but all roads led back to the big 9! I am actually using mine for work more than play and it’s fantastic.

Associate
I managed to snag a last minute pre-order offer price here for the 27" G7, and have been constantly second-guessing myself ever since that I should have got the 32". I'm going up from an older BenQ 144Hz 24" 1080P display, which sits between 2 more basic 24" 1080P displays (one for work, the second as a second display on my own PC). Not sure how the 27" will be space-wise on my desk as everywhere talks about how big the stand is, let alone the 32" which maybe wouldn't even fit, and I sit with my head an average of 70cm from the displays. Have I made the right decision, or should I have gone for the 32"? Haha ><

Associate
just received my g9 and wow what a monitor only slight dissapointment is that i have 1 tiny dead pixel top lefth corner viewable on a complete white background only able to push full 240hz rgb 10 bpc and output dynamic range played few games of cod and it was butter smooth no flickering or anything

OcUK Staff
OP
Quite bummed out that other UK retailers have it in stock and not OCUK. I'd rather hold onto my pre order price, but still a little disappointed.

We ordered at the same time as them.

All i can guess is they had more than they need to honor all their pre-orders.

I'll be using this as ammunition as to why OCUK should be receiving a greater allocation next time round don't worry!

Man of Honour
Right, every time someone mentions a competitor and/or their prices etc.. will get an instant suspension, you've been asked multiple times not to and it's still being done, so no more games, you either respect the forum rules or you'll not be a part of it, you've been warned ;)

Associate
We ordered at the same time as them.

All i can guess is they had more than they need to honor all their pre-orders.

I'll be using this as ammunition as to why OCUK should be receiving a greater allocation next time round don't worry!

Yeah, it sucks that some other names must carry more weight than OCUK. I built my PC 7 years ago and 90% of stuff in it came from here. When it came to doing some upgrades this year to be able to run HL: Alyx on a Oculus Quest and a better monitor for F1 2020, OCUK was the first place I checked. Had to get the GPU on an auction site, because I was limited by the motherboard, but the monitor (at twice the price) is coming from here. When I do come to replacing the machine fully, I'm sure here is where it'll come from again!

Associate
How's everyone liking the curve over a flat screen. Anyone come from separate multi monitor setups to the g9
I'm curious about the curve too. My partner has two curved MSI 24" 1080P 144Hz displays, which I think are 1800R or 1500R curved. Having been a fan of Samsung QLED UHD TVs for years, I thought I'd try the 27" G7 as an update to my primary 144Hz 24" 1080P flat panel. The curve is intriguing, and I hope is more noticeable than the MSI monitors. I know it won't be as immersive as the G9, but having seen footage of that, I don't think that would physical fit with my current desk setup.

Soldato
Hi, the stand made it go far too forward so wall mounted my G7 32 worked out well and much cleaner

https://imgur.com/jc2xI1U

https://imgur.com/zaaolkr

zaaolkr

zaaolkr

Associate
Hi, the stand made it go far too forward so wall mounted my G7 32 worked out well and much cleaner

https://imgur.com/jc2xI1U

https://imgur.com/zaaolkr

zaaolkr

zaaolkr
Very nice! My desk is a corner desk tho, so my main display sits pushed into the corner, between the two walls. It works well as a desk, but wouldn't allow for wall mounting there. A monitor arm may be the way to go if I have similar problems.

Soldato
Looks great, which mount did you use?
Nice job! Looks really good.

Thanks , the mount was £4.99 from eBay its Maximum weight it can take is 30kg which the monitor isnt close to it doesnt tilt etc but I wanted it flush against the wall even though its flush close to the wall still sticks out because of the curve, Its ideal height so dont really need to adjust it

Back
Top Bottom