New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Lot of oestrogen in that trailer. They are not going to have any main characters be human males? The look is a bit too glossy and sexed up for the era, but the make-up looks rough on the redesigned Klingons. Ten years before Enterprise but they are using transporters as a matter of course? Looks like they are not even attempting canon and are just doing whatever they think looks cool. Effects and make-up look a bit cheap, so they've obviously not got the budget of previous syndicated Trek shows.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ooooh. Nice. Looking forward to this :)

Tasha from Walking Dead :D

Lot of oestrogen in that trailer. They are not going to have any main characters be human males? The look is a bit too glossy and sexed up for the era, but the make-up looks rough on the redesigned Klingons. Ten years before Enterprise but they are using transporters as a matter of course? Looks like they are not even attempting canon and are just doing whatever they think looks cool. Effects and make-up look a bit cheap, so they've obviously not got the budget of previous syndicated Trek shows.

U w0t m8? They are clearly referring to Kirk's ship, not the tv show enterprise. There is like a 100 year difference... :p

Soldato
I've been rewatching DS9 these past couple of months whilst having my breakfast :D got to Season 7 this morning. Trailer for this looks all nice and shiny... more Trek is always a good thing. What species is the guy on the bridge that 'senses death'?

Soldato
Ooooh. Nice. Looking forward to this :)

Tasha from Walking Dead :D

U w0t m8? They are clearly referring to Kirk's ship, not the tv show enterprise. There is like a 100 year difference... :p

Oh right, it's ten years before "The Enterprise", not "Enterprise". That makes more sense then, as there are so many of the visual effects elements that look like they are taken from Abrams reboot.

Soldato
That trailer:

Quite dull looking, the acting looked and sounded stiff, very very glossy (like the first two reboots) and the Klingons look's like they went through a glam rock machine.

Soldato
Trailer pulled apparently ?

Managed to find it else where - wow, ermmm :/ jesus, it didn't engage (badumm tssh) me at all, I love trek, I was bored stupid at the end of the two minutes.

How have they messed this up already lol

Soldato
Love trek but that trailer isn't trek to me its trying to be something different and new and I doubt anyone that's a fan wanted anything but what u see from TNG or ds9 era. There making the Klingons more generic alien. I hated the Klingons look in the new films, why can't we keep TNG Klingons there good enough. If its really set 10 years before kirk then why is a young Spock in? He would look pretty much the same as he did in the cage as they have longer life spans. Unless its flashbacks for a new actor Spock that's gonna be in it.

Hmm is girl from walking dead suppose to be the person sareks talking about and is either his daughter or just someone like Spock as in half cast and is having a go at her like he did with Spock? As dunno if she's meant to be human or Vulcan as can't recall if she showed her ears.

Really wana complain to em but doubt they would listen so I'm just not going to watch this spin off as there trying way to hard to make trek new and fresh but f that I want the normal starfleet I want the regular uniforms I want the normal races to look like there from TNG still. Serialized show so each episode is a contained story.

Grr stupid execs messing around with genes stuff...

I think Seth's new trek parody show is gonna be more trek than this rubbish.

Hmm after watching trailer more I get the feeling this is a telling of the time Nero's ship blows up kirks dad ship till when kirk has the enterprise. I think when she says I'm trying to save you all is maybe saving Vulcan? When she's angry and says cut the head etc she wants to kill Nero after learning the plans from Klingons as they did keep him locked up for awhile in a deleted scene. The unidentified thing could have been the vortex? I dunno and hope not but some strange pointers that to me looks like it has something vaguely about that timeframe about it.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, I just want more TNG and DS9. That to me is Star Trek!

But will still watch it. Not like there will be many episodes (13 I think). Plus if it does not get good, it won't be long until it gets cancelled.

Another idea for a future show could be them inventing a new drive to explore another galaxy or something. But I think there is a lot more that can be done before going in that direction.

Soldato
A good time to explore would be just after undiscovered country film. A new peace with Klingons, the struggle for both sides to accept with occasional engagement to be expected during the peace to settle down. Romulans probably trying to thwart it somehow. Ent c is around or is it b. Its a good place between kirk and Picard.

Back
Top Bottom