New Star Trek series - 2017

Caporegime
Its not going to get a 2nd series.
Seriously what they have done to the Klingons is frankly insulting. You can't just change this stuff "too much" in one go. Doesn't feel right at all. PLEASE prove me wrong come release date i will eat all the humble pie in the alpha quadrant.

Caporegime
Captain! There's, I can't quite believe it, but were being attacked by Humble Pie! Of course I'm not holding my breath either. Could be good, probably won't be.

Soldato
It has to better than nothing doesn't it?
Andi.

Unless it's so bad it "proves" that Star Trek can't be made for TV any more. Why bother when you can just show reruns? The movies are all well and good for an exciting crash-bang visual effects thing, but Trek on TV was more story and character driven.

Soldato
Unless it's so bad it "proves" that Star Trek can't be made for TV any more. Why bother when you can just show reruns? The movies are all well and good for an exciting crash-bang visual effects thing, but Trek on TV was more story and character driven.
Can't watch reruns if I remember the plot, which I do for for most Star Trek.
Andi.

Soldato
Can't watch reruns if I remember the plot, which I do for for most Star Trek.
Andi.

They don't care about that. As long as they have the series sold around the world and earning advertising, they can just keep recycling. Which probably explains why this series is being micromanaged by a TV exec and turning into a ***********.

Soldato
The problem is, as I see it, the TV Exec's see a hole for a show, be it Trek/B5/SG/SWars etc and they think they can produce anything, and enough of the hardcore fans will watch it, which they will, but because they havent actaully put any thought or meaning into it, people watch it, think its crap, and then cancel it stating that there wasnt any call for it after all, ruins the franchise and it sits in limbo until someone else trys it a decade later...

Back
Top Bottom