New Star Trek series - 2017

Man of Honour
Just watched the trailer again on Netflix. It looks great. Fingers crossed. When is it out?

Star Trek: Discovery is set to premiere with a "preview broadcast" on CBS on September 24, 2017. That episode will then be made available on CBS All Access immediately after the broadcast, along with the second episode. Subsequent first-run episodes, making up the first chapter of the season, will be streamed weekly on All Access through November 5. The second chapter will begin streaming January 2018

So it sounds like a double ep special on release day, and then weekly up until Nov 5th. Although this is the US release, no way of knowing if it will come to UK broadcasters at the same time.

In any case.. ** no talk of piracy please **

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So it sounds like a double ep special on release day, and then weekly up until Nov 5th. Although this is the US release, no way of knowing if it will come to UK broadcasters at the same time.

In any case.. ....

It's Netflix for the outside the US, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pretty quickly after the US transmission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Saw the trailer on Netflix when I logged in the other day, looks alright, not sold on the lead actress though, she was rubbish in TWD.

I guarantee the captain gets killed in the pilot episode and she's forced to take over, seems fairly obvious from the way the trailer is shot.

Soldato
Saw the trailer on Netflix when I logged in the other day, looks alright, not sold on the lead actress though, she was rubbish in TWD.

I guarantee the captain gets killed in the pilot episode and she's forced to take over, seems fairly obvious from the way the trailer is shot.
You mean Captain Lorca of the USS Discovery, or the Captain of the Shenzou?

Soldato
Too much information, didn't pay that much attention to the trailer :D

I meant the older looking oriental lady...ah well, maybe she's not on the same ship as the lead actress.
that's Michelle Yeoh. She plays the Captain of the Shenzou. She is a well known actress so it's possible that happens. May not be able to afford her for the full season lol.

Unlikey, he's in the whole series according to IMDB

Captain Gabriel Lorca (15 episodes, 2017-2018)

Soldato
So the first 2 episodes will be focussed on the USS Shenzou, captained by the Chinese Captain. Some where along the line the USS Discovery is introduced captained by Captain Lorca(Jason Issacs) The main character is the black 1st officer played by the girl from Fear the Walking Dead.

Back
Top Bottom