NFL 2013 Season

tbh

tbh

Associate
Leslie Frazier has been fired as the Vikings coach!

Sad to see him go, but it was inevitable.

Not sure any coach worth his salt would want to the Vikings job at the moment, we're a mess and things are likely to get worse before they get better.

Associate
Anyone else watching Duke vs A&M? Seems like no matter how much JF does, the Aggies D is that bad it doesn't matter. Guess if they were better he wouldn't have the exposure though

Last edited:
Associate
Sad to see him go, but it was inevitable.

Not sure any coach worth his salt would want to the Vikings job at the moment, we're a mess and things are likely to get worse before they get better.

Could be worse. Could be the Redskins and watch the Rams take Clowney in your spot at #2.

Soldato
Bengals/Chargers.

Hope Dalton can get us our first post season win in.... For ever!

Am I the only person that finds it ironic that he's crazy ginger AND wearing an orange uniform? :D

Was reading an interesting piece about "blackouts" for teams which don't sell out their play-off games; had no idea this rule existed, but it looks like it could effect three of the wild-card games.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-face-blackouts-as-wild-card-round-approaches

EDIT: Thats weird, I always thought Lambeau Field was a sell-out crowd regardless... as in, tickets were like rocking horse poop?

Last edited:

tbh

tbh

Associate
Just finished watching the Sooners upset the Crimson Tide in last night's Sugar Bowl, fantastic team performance.

Boomer!

tbh

tbh

Associate
Looking forward to some great football tonight!

EDIT: Thats weird, I always thought Lambeau Field was a sell-out crowd regardless... as in, tickets were like rocking horse poop?

I think the main problem is that teams jack up the ticket prices for play-off games (cheapest seats were reportedly $120, and average price was way higher than that) and fans just don't have the disposable income at this time of year to justify spending that sort of money. The fact that it's a bitterly cold winter also probably doesn't help, especially since they have a tough draw in the 49ers.

Would you want to spend a fortune to sit in the freezing cold and watch your team lose?

Anyway apparently team sponsors have bought all the unsold tickets, so the black-out is off:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/04/s...ce-of-a-tv-blackout.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

Soldato
Looking forward to some great football tonight!

I think the main problem is that teams jack up the ticket prices for play-off games (cheapest seats were reportedly $120, and average price was way higher than that) and fans just don't have the disposable income at this time of year to justify spending that sort of money. The fact that it's a bitterly cold winter also probably doesn't help, especially since they have a tough draw in the 49ers.

Would you want to spend a fortune to sit in the freezing cold and watch your team lose?

Anyway apparently team sponsors have bought all the unsold tickets, so the black-out is off:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/04/s...ce-of-a-tv-blackout.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

Supposed to be (including wind chill) -35 at Lambeau tomorrow. It could be insanely awesome to watch. Colder than the Ice Bowl. Just hope no one actually gets properly injured, or no fans die as a result!

kd

Associate
Can't wait. I'll def be staying up for the Eagles game tonight. So glad it's at the Linc, wouldn't fancy playing vs Brees/Graham/Colston in their dome.

Fingers crossed the team that showed up against the Bears plays tonight :p

Soldato
Nice ball game so far I'm glad colts are narrowing the margin, but I think KC will get the win as long as they don't loose any more players due to injury...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom