*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Hey guys. Just went to try the new Mario kart dlc, but it is saying

"You can play new cups by purchasing the booster course pass or a Nintendo switch online + expansion pack membership"

I purchased this expansion pack in December for animal crossing and it is valid until December 2022

Soldato
You got it. Its a dlc after all.

Tbh it was a total anti climax. 8 new tracks is hardly that great. Pay £24 and have to wait until December 2023 to have all the other 40

I've got the online expansion pack so it's "free" but I enjoyed the new tracks with my kids. But like with AC we'll move onto other things and every few months there will be some new tracks dropped which will get us interested again.

I like this format, it's similar to series being released weekly on Netflix and avoiding the binge. Gives you something to look forward to and brings lots of people back together.

But horses for courses.

Soldato
You got it. Its a dlc after all.

Tbh it was a total anti climax. 8 new tracks is hardly that great. Pay £24 and have to wait until December 2023 to have all the other 40

I loaded Mario kart and the msg was just saying you need to buy the pass (which I had) rather than pointing me to the download .... Which is clearly the idiot instructions I needed :D

Associate
Had my joycon repair arrive back today. 1 week from sending to returned wasn't bad. Interestingly there were two faults, main board which I'd suspected but also a faulty stick. Wonder if they just replace them as standard to avoid questions of drift for as long as possible.

Also looks like they just sent me a brand new one, as the marks next to the rails caused by connecting and disconnecting it from the Switch have gone.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its a shame they didn't put more effort into the tracks in the expansion and just pulled them from the ****** mobile game. Not in the least bit surprised but at least there are some new tracks to try.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
When they announced Xenoblade 3 for the end of this year I didn't think we were getting Zelda this year. I wonder if they delay it enough it could be a launch title for the switches replacement.

I can't see a switch replacement for another 2 years minimum. Nintendo have no rush, especially while there's still bugger all games worth coming back to on the switch.

Imagine a switch 2 comes out. Without botw2 to sell it, what reason would there be to buy the new switch? As anyone with a switch will know, they had little reason to get a switch in the first place, and now they've already replaced it. For what? Mariokart 8 super duper deluxe? Another Mario that could be made for switch any way? Another super smash with no real changes that again could have been a switch release.

So that the bigger third party games don't run horrendously?
Sure, but bigger 3rd party games aren't historically system sellers, nor do they sell as well as the do on other consoles.

Nintendo need to focus on their own titles and then any 3rd party sales after are a bonus.

A new console in the next 24 months will be extremely pointless, given it'll once again be another console with very few new games from Nintendo, and no benefit within those games.

Man of Honour
Sure, but bigger 3rd party games aren't historically system sellers, nor do they sell as well as the do on other consoles.

Nintendo need to focus on their own titles and then any 3rd party sales after are a bonus.

A new console in the next 24 months will be extremely pointless, given it'll once again be another console with very few new games from Nintendo, and no benefit within those games.

I was just giving you the main reason to buy a new switch. Why buy the series X at launch when there were so few first party games or even studios at the time?

Soldato
Many of us bought a Switch with just a better screen so don't be surprised what people are willing to pay for... Heck the Amico raised ten of thousands of dollars just a few weeks ago!

I want Nintendo to release a 2 or Pro just so people stop going on about it :D

Back
Top Bottom