*** Nintendo Switch ***

3 or the top 4 selling Switch games are Wii U games. The Wii U had better first party originals than the Switch.
The Switch was a success because it is a handle with a option to dock it. Nintendo handhelds have always sold well and the Switch is no exception.
Third party support has been vastly better on the Switch though which can only have helped. There's hundreds of hours of AAA PC ports that have come across which hasn't happened before to this degree.

I was one of the few with a Wii U, so for most people the fact some of the games were released on a platform they didn't own won't matter.

Is it poor of Nintendo to repackage and sell these at full price from a consumer perspective? Yes, but Nintendo won't care when both hardware and software sales have been so strong. People have voted with their wallets.

I can't imagine many Switch owners complaining that MK8 isn't a fantastic game.

Yeah saw that the other day. Crazy.

Anyone know if dungeons are in or ?? (Spoiler tag it if you know, thanks !)

according from what I have read there is one, source Kotaku.

Dungeons are confirmed, sorta​

Probably the most requested feature missing from Breath of the Wild were traditional dungeons. Tears of the Kingdom appears to have five Temples and a sixth dungeon.

Last edited:
Anyone looking forward to Puzzle Bobble Everybubble!? Releases on the 23rd! Bust-A-Move games are my favourite puzzle games, and I still play the older ones to this day.

I've never really found anything that comes close to these games. I know of TOUHOU Spell Bubble, although that's rhythm / music based.

Thanks all , really helpful. His birthday is end of June. I've read switch 2 might be coming out? Is there any real evidence behind this or just rumours at this stage?

Thanks all. Bought one off the MM.

I suspect I'll be playing it myself when he's gone to sleep. BTW what's with the price of switch games :eek:

Any essentials I need to make it last?
Screen protector + case?

Thanks all. Bought one off the MM.

I suspect I'll be playing it myself when he's gone to sleep. BTW what's with the price of switch games :eek:

Any essentials I need to make it last?
Screen protector + case?
Definitely a screen protector and a case. Tempered glass protector. Orzly ones are good. Yes the games hold their value extremely well. Nintendo games always do. Luckily resale value is also decent if you want to do that. I rarely buy new games so I generally buy and sell carts through cex.

Worth getting a memory card to expand storage.

Not essential but the official Pro controller is great if you intend to play on the TV, also means less usage of the joycons, so hopefully less chance they develop drift.

I mostly buy my games digital on the Switch. It's just much more convenient, plus I don't really tend to sell games on.

Definitely a screen protector and a case. Tempered glass protector. Orzly ones are good. Yes the games hold their value extremely well. Nintendo games always do. Luckily resale value is also decent if you want to do that. I rarely buy new games so I generally buy and sell carts through cex.
Great was hoping someone would recommend a third party. :D

I’m having terrible trouble deciding which way i prefer to play my switch, like a handheld, game pad or nunchuck style.
Personally I prefer handheld but mostly due to the way I end up playing the most, which is on the sofa while my wife watches something on TV. If I'm in my office I've got my dock connected to my ultrawide monitor which does stretch things a little but it's nice to sit back and use the pro controller over the joycons.

If it had been a pure handheld device I would definitely still have bought one, pure docked I'm not so sure.

Edit: typo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom