*** Nintendo Switch ***

Nintendo will release their next console whenever sales of the Switch dry up enough. They will have a new mario game, hopefully MP4 and if the stars align we might even be deemed worthy of a new Mario Kart game but only if we have sacrificed enough goats. 2025 would be my guess.

13 goats 26 Virgins...

Summer 2024 latest. Love the switch but it's absolutely begging for an upgrade. They can afford to be a gen behind but not more. It's starting to gimp 1st party games now (Bayonetta 3 etc).
An upgrade will also allow publishers to re-release their entire catlogue of previous gen Playstation & XBox games, like they did with the switch. Everyone's a winner.
Hope Metroid Prime 4 is an exclusive for the new console, & not limited by being cross-gen. I actually hesitated to order Tears of the Kingdom because I'd like to experience an upgraded version for the 1st time. But I can't resist a new Zelda.
Surely they won't repeat the Wii mistake of clinging to their ancient hardware until all the momentum has been lost & they're having to pretty much start again from scratch.

Last edited:
Most of the press is suggesting a launch ready for Christmas '24 which I think is fine and lets them hype up the new device throughout the early part of next year - I imagine any new device is not massively far off being nailed down to final specs, etc anyway now.

I've just picked up a Switch OLED again (had an original at launch in 2017) as I wanted Advance Wars and I'd forgotten how much fun gaming on this is, also forgot I had a load of e-shop games I bought on serious discount in a Christmas sale which helps!

Summer 2024 latest. Love the switch but it's absolutely begging for an upgrade. They can afford to be a gen behind but not more. It's starting to gimp 1st party games now (Bayonetta 3 etc).
An upgrade will also allow publishers to re-release their entire catlogue of previous gen Playstation & XBox games, like they did with the switch. Everyone's a winner.
Hope Metroid Prime 4 is an exclusive for the new console, & not limited by being cross-gen. I actually hesitated to order Tears of the Kingdom because I'd like to experience an upgraded version for the 1st time. But I can't resist a new Zelda.
Surely they won't repeat the Wii mistake of clinging to their ancient hardware until all the momentum has been lost & they're having to pretty much start again from scratch.
I'm with you in thinking a 2024 release is on the cards. Also, after watching the Digital Foundry review of TotK, and John Linneman's comments about the higher quality pre-release footage from 2 years ago, it does make me wonder if Nintendo might have a "special edition" of Totk in the pipeline to coincide with the Switch 2. A similar strategy was employed back when the "New" 3DS handheld was released.

Last edited:
Well my Tears of the Kingdom arrived a day early, been a while since that happened. Put a couple of hours in, way too early to come to any real conclusion. Seems to run fine though.

I'm with you in thinking a 2024 release is on the cards. Also, after watching the Digital Foundry review of TotK, and John Linneman's comments about the higher quality pre-release footage from 2 years ago, it does make me wonder if Nintendo might have a "special edition" of Totk in the pipeline to coincide with the Switch 2. A similar strategy was employed back when the "New" 3DS handheld was released.
Twilight Princess & Breath of The Wild were both cross geenration, so the series certainly has form for this. I'm ceratin that Nintendo are making assets with 1 eye on the future nowadays, like everyone else. My 1st impression is the hardware isn't going to hurt Tears in gameplay terms, like perhaps it hurt Bayonetta 3 (although there were also design issues there, compared to Bayonetta 2). But it would be nice to see some more texture detail in there.

Last edited:
Well my Tears of the Kingdom arrived a day early, been a while since that happened. Put a couple of hours in, way too early to come to any real conclusion. Seems to run fine though.
Will be a few days before mine arrives. :(
Have it downloaded through other means, but just want the ease of playing on original hardware. Got to support the well made games that are coming out, given how pitiful most of the new ones are.

Last edited:
My Sheikah slate, attuned for TotK copies, hasn't started bleeping yet ... so my copy must still be on the Amazon magic carpet ride, or in the hands of a bokoblin raider camp ( a.k.a Dunfermline ).

Afternoon all

Where would be the best (cheapest) place to pickup a couple of “Lite” devices please, been looking on the bay and the forest but want to make sure I don’t get stung! Thanks in advance

Afternoon all

Where would be the best (cheapest) place to pickup a couple of “Lite” devices please, been looking on the bay and the forest but want to make sure I don’t get stung! Thanks in advance
From a quick search of the usual suspects, The rainforest seem the cheapest option, depending on what colour you're after - the yellow is £182 new. 365Games have all colours for £197 new.
There's not much variation on Nintendo consoles in general.
If they're for young kids, I'd recommend screen protectors too, they're pretty cheap & don't really affect the picture quality at all.

Back
Top Bottom