*** Nintendo Switch ***

Bobby Kotick says from what he's been told by Nintendo's president, the successor to the switch will be 4-5 times more powerful

Lets face it the Switch is doing outstandingly to be still delivering decent games considering the age of the Tegra SoC - it wouldn't be hard for a new device to be magnitudes more powerful!
I just hope it also maintains decent battery life!

Lets face it the Switch is doing outstandingly to be still delivering decent games considering the age of the Tegra SoC - it wouldn't be hard for a new device to be magnitudes more powerful!
I just hope it also maintains decent battery life!

I'm impressed with TOTK, yeah there's frame drops but it's still seriously impressive for such meagre hardware and the game is both beautiful and fun.

I like the direction Nintendo went with the Switch after being pretty unconvinced at the start. My release Switch is a bit ropey now but the OLED is brilliant.

Last edited:
Raw power isn't really the be all and end all. Good fun games are what people really enjoy. Not eye candy. That why the Switch is still selling so well. That and the portable and home nature of it

Yeah yeah all that jazz. Activision is just talking to Nintendo because Microsoft wants to bring call of duty to the switch and the current machine is just too weak for it, so they're enquiring about the next Gen machine to see if it's worth them starting development on a new call of duty for Nintendo. 4-5 times more powerful number would place a theoretical Switch 2 on par with a PS4 or maybe slightly faster and that's enough horsepower to get call of duty running at 60fps

Drops as low as 17fps might be fine for totk but it's not ok for a twitch shooter, getting 60fps or as close to it is the primary goal

Last edited:
If Bobby Kotick said the earth was round I'd start believing it was flat.

Its not a public statement, these details came out in the current Microsoft court case, the court has access to his emails between him and the Nintendo president

Last edited:
Is there any difference between the white and neon OLED consoles? looking to get our soon to be 6 year old a switch and the neon version is c£25 cheaper on the jungle.

Anyone used an aftermarket stand? I've got the OG Switch and the tiny kickstand is useless.
I quite liked the one made by Hori that was marketed as an official Nintendo accessory, not sure if they still sell it anymore but that was about perfect in terms of providing a comfortable height and portability.

Last edited:
Isnt there a replacement chassis for the Switch that gives you the full length kick stand like the OLED one? I am sure i saw a youtuber fit one recently.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice little pick up and play game that i can play for 20-30 mins in my lunch? I have big epic games like TOTK, Skyward Sword and a couple of others but looking for something that is nice and fun but doesnt take much brainwork during my lunchbreak. I have seen those 30 in 1 games etc but i am asuming they are just crap little games crammed onto a cart without much quality. Are the Mario Party games any good and more importantly do they require me waving my arms around like a lunatic? :cry:

Recommendations would be appreciated :)

Mario odyssey
Mario kart 8
Metroid
I have Metroid Prime Remastered but i have not started because of TOTK and from playing Metroid games before they are require pretty decent sessions to enjoy. I am looking for a reasonably priced copy of Mario Kart and i havnt played Mario Odessey as i would have thought that was similar to previous Mario games that were not really pick up and play for a short amount of time.

Never been a fan of Smash bros games its just not for me really.

The Switch is a pick up and play console and that is what is so great avbout it... No difference bwteen a 5 minute Mario sesh and a 5 hour one. Just put the console to sleep and wake it up when you are ready to play again

Back
Top Bottom