*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I just got a Switch for my son (8 years old). Having never played on one or set one up, what is the best way to do it?

How do the accounts work?
Should I have a main account and he is a user, or should he have his own account?

Be great if someone can tell me the best practice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a Switch Lite, but I've been considering getting a Switch for my TV. Is there any reason to get the OLED if I'll only play on a TV?

I don't need ethernet, and if I want to play on the move I'll just use the Lite.

Soldato
The worst videogame ever made??

Digital foundry goes as far to say if you play any of the games made by this developer you are doing the equivalent of licking a dirty toilet bowl and the Nintendo shop has become a certified trash pile of junk games like this

Last edited:
Associate
...Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice little pick up and play game that i can play for 20-30 mins in my lunch?...
How do you feel about rougelikes? Risk of Rain (the first one) or Binding of Isaac are both superb games for the Switch imo. Could be pushing it a little over the time frame for a single run of either but both have natural break points where you could pause and resume later if needed.

Soldato
Will consider it. As stupid as it sounds i actually used to like Cooking Mama games for a quick blast in my lunchtime lol they were great fun.

I have managed to get Mario Kart and will probably pickup Advanced Wars Reboot some time. I just like the idea of little puzzle/time wasting games while using the switch in handheld and the bigger games on my TV using the bluetooth controller as my hands cramp up a bit with the joycons.

Associate
Will consider it. As stupid as it sounds i actually used to like Cooking Mama games for a quick blast in my lunchtime lol they were great fun.

I have managed to get Mario Kart and will probably pickup Advanced Wars Reboot some time. I just like the idea of little puzzle/time wasting games while using the switch in handheld and the bigger games on my TV using the bluetooth controller as my hands cramp up a bit with the joycons.
Advanced Wars is a good shout for your scenario. Picked it up myself but yet to play it so I might need to start an over lunch play through as well.

Soldato
The worst videogame ever made??

Digital foundry goes as far to say if you play any of the games made by this developer you are doing the equivalent of licking a dirty toilet bowl and the Nintendo shop has become a certified trash pile of junk games like this

Nintendo seal of quality seems to have gone a bit awol haha.

Soldato
I have just seen that Limbo and Inside are really cheap on the E-Store at the moment. 89p and £1.89 respectively. Great games and even though i have completed them a while ago they are great additions for very little. If only both the Little Nightmares games were similar price.

Back
Top Bottom