*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Hi guys and gals, I just made some changes to my family group so that I could join a different group (replaced the admin, then left group) - now when I click the link to join the new family group it says:

You cannot join due to limits on family group changes.”

I can’t find anything helpful on Google to deal with this - has anyone else resolved this issue?

Anyone? I’m in some back and forth with Nintendo via email (no chat support?), annoyingly their first response was “nothing we can do”.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if we will get an nvidia shield based on the new tegra chip - that could be an emulation beast

The Nvidia shield successor was cancelled because Nvidia made a deal with Nintendo to do the Switch. With bigger players now such as Valve, Asus etc. I doubt Nvidia are interested in making another android tablet again.

Soldato
I recently got the oled splatoon switch. Don’t regret it. Lovely bit of kit. And will still sell even when switch 2 releases.

I made the same move myself, absolutely loved my Lite but have no regrets about changing to the OLED.

I sold my Lite and bought the OLED in June this year. No regrets. Its brilliant.
Thank you all! I got the Switch Lite and 3DSXL charged last night so will have a bit of a play later on.

Soldato
I have just got back into Metroid Prime. After playing for a while and not getting into it on first play (I was just mopping up some last bits of TOTK so wasnt giving it my full attention) and although i had to get past the 80's/90's console gripes such as falling into lava/toxic stuff as my jump wasnt 100% precise and having to start waaaaaaay back because there is not really much of an Auto Save, i am quite into it. I have just got the jump boots so i can do the double jump.

Soldato
Anyone? I’m in some back and forth with Nintendo via email (no chat support?), annoyingly their first response was “nothing we can do”.

Wonderful support from Nintendo :mad:

Thank you for your email.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to help you join the family group.

Should you need further assistance with any other matter please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't remember if I saw this here or on a YT video, but just something unique the Switch does I recently discovered.

When you are on the screen to unlock the Switch, pressing one of these buttons to unlock the device will all produce a different sound! ZL, ZR, R3, L3. All the other buttons seem to do a standard click sound.

Soldato
I have just got back into Metroid Prime. After playing for a while and not getting into it on first play (I was just mopping up some last bits of TOTK so wasnt giving it my full attention) and although i had to get past the 80's/90's console gripes such as falling into lava/toxic stuff as my jump wasnt 100% precise and having to start waaaaaaay back because there is not really much of an Auto Save, i am quite into it. I have just got the jump boots so i can do the double jump.

It was my first Metroid game and I absolutely loved it. Once I've finished TOTK I'm really looking forward to playing some more Metroid via the NSO collection

Associate
Hi guys and gals, I just made some changes to my family group so that I could join a different group (replaced the admin, then left group) - now when I click the link to join the new family group it says:

I can’t find anything helpful on Google to deal with this - has anyone else resolved this issue?

Google suggested pretty much what you just said, they must log group changes and have an automation in place - Nintendo America

Soldato
OP
Got an Mclassic recently, thought it was worth a shot as my monitor is 1440P, really shocked at how well it outputs a 1440P signal and really does sharpen and clean up the image. Zelda and Mario games look stunning.

Cannot recommend this enough, if you can find one. Go for it!

Easily hidden behind the dock..

Last edited:
Soldato
Got an Mclassic recently, thought it was worth a shot as my monitor is 1440P, really shocked at how well it outputs a 1440P signal and really does sharpen and clean up the image. Zelda and Mario games look stunning.

Cannot recommend this enough, if you can find one. Go for it!

Easily hidden behind the dock..

I'd love an mclassic but the switch is the only console I'd need it for and I ain't paying a $120 for it, wish it was cheaper I'll rather just wait and put that money towards a switch 2, all switch games will be backwards compatible anyway and probably look better than they do now with an mclassic

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd love an mclassic but the switch is the only console I'd need it for and I ain't paying a $120 for it, wish it was cheaper I'll rather just wait and put that money towards a switch 2, all switch games will be backwards compatible anyway and probably look better than they do now with an mclassic

Think is was 80 pounds, definitely worth it. It's almost like when you get a new generational upgrade. the 1440P up-scaling really improves the image.

I imagine these will hold some value, so I will just sell mine on when the time comes to upgrade to a new Switch in a few years.

Soldato
Think is was 80 pounds, definitely worth it. It's almost like when you get a new generational upgrade. the 1440P up-scaling really improves the image.

I imagine these will hold some value, so I will just sell mine on when the time comes to upgrade to a new Switch in a few years.

They are apparently quite useful for older consoles, not just the switch, but I never keep my older ones

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom