*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
So what are people thinking of the final batch of Mario Kart 8 tracks? The Mrs and me will be giving them a shot later on today, I'm just hoping they're at least consistently average at worst lol some of the tour tracks have been awful but others have been (in our opinion) fantastic, we find the Singapore track for example gets a lot of play

Soldato
It was my first Metroid game and I absolutely loved it. Once I've finished TOTK I'm really looking forward to playing some more Metroid via the NSO collection
I am on the omega pirate and it’s a real pain. The first time I got to the mines bit to get the super bomb and that was really tough as there was a load of enemies but little health and the distance between the saves was huge.

It’s good tho.

Associate
Anyone know the time limit on joycon returns? I've got an OG switch and the inevitable has happened. Can I return or am I getting stiffed for new ones?
Because of all the drift issues, I think Nintendo tend to just fix all joy-cons without checking age or receipts etc. I'd send them in, they will let you know if there will be a charge before doing any work on them.

Soldato
Really impressed with Star Ocean Second story demo. It's a series I've avoided as always seemed to get really bad reviews but going to get this as I love the aesthetic and gameplay.
I understand mario RPG is not a long game so probably do that first.

Associate
Anyone know the time limit on joycon returns? I've got an OG switch and the inevitable has happened. Can I return or am I getting stiffed for new ones?
I think there's no time limit or there wasn't, I not long back sent my lads joycons in for repair from his day one switch (they'd been faulty for ages) and they sent what looked like a brand new set back.

Associate
Forgot I had an 8BITDO adapter for my switch I purchased many years ago. Now happily playing on the TV with my PS5 controller.
I've got the same adapter, use it with a Wii U Pro controller. Works great, except I have to physically get up and turn console on before turning controller on :D

Man of Honour
Well I decided after using a little that I don't really like the Nitro Deck, its a nice enough controller but it seems to suck battery life and when I removed the Switch from it and put it back in the Skull & Co thing I have it was like going from a Game Gear to a Gameboy Advance!!

I did like the improved analog sticks but I might look at buying one of the kits to upgrade the Nintendo Joycons to the Halls sensors instead.

Anyone seen anything decent on sale for Black Friday? I'm kind of swithering - I've mainly been buying physical games for the Switch (unless there's an eShop Bargain too good to miss) but I'm half thinking that online purchase might be better for use on a future Switch 2 - all guess work / a gamble right now I guess until something is actually announced.

Soldato
Hadn't realised Front mission 2 remake had released, but seeing the reviews is kinda sad... mostly from people who haven't played the games and they sound like it, bashing it because its "missing" aspects that were never in the original games anyway!

Quite annoying... as it spreads crap that isn't true or even accurate. It's just what the reviewer wants but isn't implemented, it's a remake not a new game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Really enjoyed it, brought back loads of memories from back in the day. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Yeah one of my favourite 2d Mario's for sure. Playing RPG atm, it's so....pleasant. Also got Advance Wars bootcamp as never played but know it was highly regarded.

Even playing Mario I'm reminded of OCUK.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trying to avoid a separate thread, so thought I'd ask here.
Purchased some Nintendo credit for wife - extra Xmas present. I have a picture of the scratched-off on the back of the card (CD Keys).
Can anyone tell me if Nintendo tend to use "Zero" or "O" in their store credit codes?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom