*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Stupid question alert! I bought a switch the other day, just the tablet + dock as I already had a pro controller. In my infinite wisdom, I factory reset it to get all the previous owners rubbish off it but now I'm a bit stuck as it needs JoyCon's to set it up. Does anyone know if I bought cheap crappy thing like this, it would work to get me through the setup? I have no intentions of ever using the JoyCon's, it's just gonna live in it' dock for eternity not. Thought I was being clever and saving money buy it without the controllers, this has backfired a bit :D:cry:

Associate
Stupid question alert! I bought a switch the other day, just the tablet + dock as I already had a pro controller. In my infinite wisdom, I factory reset it to get all the previous owners rubbish off it but now I'm a bit stuck as it needs JoyCon's to set it up. Does anyone know if I bought cheap crappy thing like this, it would work to get me through the setup? I have no intentions of ever using the JoyCon's, it's just gonna live in it' dock for eternity not. Thought I was being clever and saving money buy it without the controllers, this has backfired a bit :D:cry:

I can't confirm, as I've never faced the same issue, but I'd hope any joycon should suffice ( official or not ).

Associate
Even if you borrowed joy cons off a friend they auto pair when you put them on the switch so you could set it up and then hand them back without needing them again. They'd just pair back to the original console when they get docked.

Associate
OK. These are the games I have. I'd love some recommendations for other games to get.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pokemon Sword
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Agreed on Kirby and the Forgotten Lands, also Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

If you're playing with family then of course Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party Superstars to break up a Sunday afternoon.

Associate
Agreed on Kirby and the Forgotten Lands, also Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

If you're playing with family then of course Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party Superstars to break up a Sunday afternoon.
Might try a couple of them, would also recommend:

Asphalt racing
street fighter (all of them in 1 package)
Mortal Kombat 11
Mario Kart

All addictive as hell loll

Associate
OK. These are the games I have. I'd love some recommendations for other games to get.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pokemon Sword
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
If you are a fan of like DMC/action combo type games
Bayonetta 1-3
Astral chain
JRPG:
Shin megami tensei 3 HD remaster if you never played it before
If you like musou/dynasty warriors
Hyrule warrior, not the latest one as that has performance issue still?
Fire emblem three hopes?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Really don't like the joy-cons, they are far too small for my hands and the sticks are short and highly sensitive.

I got the pro controller and never looked back.

Our switches are just gathering dust atm, looking forward to Switch 2, def feels time for an upgrade and some new games / features.

It does feel like time for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom