*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Very easy.

@Dredd Call them instead of emailing them. From what I am told you'll get nowhere with email but over the phone they're extremely helpful.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Repairs/General-Customer-Service-1106617.html

Using them details? i will call later :)

Email was fine for me. I never had more than a 2 hour delay in their responses and they had the emails to look up when testing the issues I had rather than relying on hoping the person on the phone took detailed notes.

I will say that if you are having left joy con issues then you most likely have the Wifi/bluetooth module issue too as Switches without that issue don't tend to show left joy con issues on the non-repaired units. I had to send in my Switch after Nintendo repaired the joy cons as it was the internal wireless comms module that was causing the issue.

my wifi only showing 1 bar :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Email was fine for me. I never had more than a 2 hour delay in their responses and they had the emails to look up when testing the issues I had rather than relying on hoping the person on the phone took detailed notes.

I will say that if you are having left joy con issues then you most likely have the Wifi/bluetooth module issue too as Switches without that issue don't tend to show left joy con issues on the non-repaired units. I had to send in my Switch after Nintendo repaired the joy cons as it was the internal wireless comms module that was causing the issue.
I need to test my wifi out. It's difficult for me to think if it is or not as my Switch is docked quite literally next to the router :p

However at work I have full signal...but then again it's a corporate one and about 5m away.

Will need to undock and walk around the apartment with my phone for comparison.

My right joy con is 100% ok, the left one is the suspect at the minute. Need to try and contact Nintendo PT this week to get it sorted.

Man of Honour
I need to test my wifi out. It's difficult for me to think if it is or not as my Switch is docked quite literally next to the router :p

However at work I have full signal...but then again it's a corporate one and about 5m away.

Will need to undock and walk around the apartment with my phone for comparison.

My right joy con is 100% ok, the left one is the suspect at the minute. Need to try and contact Nintendo PT this week to get it sorted.

I used to think my right one was 100% fine before I sent them in for repair too. It turned out that the left was just so bad I never noticed the issues with the right joy con.

Do yourself a favour and send the Switch in along with the joy cons and ask them to check the wifi chip too.

Test the right analog stick in the settings menu, and while spinning it around stand about 3m from the Switch and put the controller behind your back. If you notice skipping then your wifi chip is faulty. My repaired system shows no skipping at around 7m.

Caporegime
I used to think my right one was 100% fine before I sent them in for repair too. It turned out that the left was just so bad I never noticed the issues with the right joy con.

Do yourself a favour and send the Switch in along with the joy cons and ask them to check the wifi chip too.

Test the right analog stick in the settings menu, and while spinning it around stand about 3m from the Switch and put the controller behind your back. If you notice skipping then your wifi chip is faulty. My repaired system shows no skipping at around 7m.

Will test and see, thanks :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
I really need to send mine off at some point. I never noticed until I was playing mario kart with some mates and the controls would just suddenly die. I was putting the joycon behind my leg which was enough to completely kill the connection to the console about 4 meters away.

Only problem is that I really don't want to be without the console/joycons for weeks when I am really enjoying splatoon 2.

Soldato
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/...f-the-rayman-legends-definitive-edition-demo/

Rayman Legends definitive edition demo is now available on eshop and confirmed release date as well. For anyone interested :)

I read that earlier and got all excited. I couldn't find it via the online eshop or through the Switch eshop. Will have another go tonight. Although I already own this game I still might go for it digitally - would love to play it on the go.

Nintendo site is blocked from work. What is the date? Is there a price? :)

Caporegime
I read that earlier and got all excited. I couldn't find it via the online eshop or through the Switch eshop. Will have another go tonight. Although I already own this game I still might go for it digitally - would love to play it on the go.

Nintendo site is blocked from work. What is the date? Is there a price? :)
Sept 12th. Can't see a price though.

Man of Honour
I really need to send mine off at some point. I never noticed until I was playing mario kart with some mates and the controls would just suddenly die. I was putting the joycon behind my leg which was enough to completely kill the connection to the console about 4 meters away.

Only problem is that I really don't want to be without the console/joycons for weeks when I am really enjoying splatoon 2.

Yeah the problems aren't always obvious but 4 player Mario Kart is the easiest game to see the problem in. Luckily it's a well known issue even if it is widespread, and the fix works 100%.

I'm playing Splatoon in my garden today around 15m away from the router through 3 walls with no problems. Well, the sun is causing problems when I tilt the Switch so I think I'll go back inside.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Recently bought it on Steam sale for like £3. I can imagine this will have the Nintendo tax... Guessing it will be £19.99

I'm going for £29.99.

Yeah the problems aren't always obvious but 4 player Mario Kart is the easiest game to see the problem in. Luckily it's a well known issue even if it is widespread, and the fix works 100%.

I'm playing Splatoon in my garden today around 15m away from the router through 3 walls with no problems. Well, the sun is causing problems when I tilt the Switch so I think I'll go back inside.

How long did it take for Nintendo to fix the issue and do you need to send off the whole console?

Soldato
Associate
Nintendo customer service is the worst I have experienced out of the current big three console manufacturers.

I once had an issue with a PSP which Sony remedied by swapping it out for a brand new unit on my doorstep with a courier. Likewise the eight Xbox 360s which I had to send back for various faults were all dealt with quickly and efficiently by Microsoft.

It would appear Nintendo couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom