*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Finished Hollow Knight :) Got 2 endings, the 3rd looks to be beyond my 37 year old body's dexterity as does an optional platforming section straight from Super Meat Boy.

Got my money's worth and then some, best platformer/metroidvania title I have played in years.

I'd like to say the same. I am really struggling with some of the bosses. Some of the bench locations (that I have found so far) are a little too far away and if I fail 5-6 times I end up going somewhere else. Trouble is I am running out of somewhere else places to go!

Soldato
I've just totally gone off online shooters - apart from Splatoon. I can play Overwatch for short bursts but everything else just bores me now.

Adding to that I am still OK with FPS campaigns if they're decent (DOOM, Titanfall 2 etc). I would love to support Bethesda and buy Wolfenstein II but not when I can get it for £20 elsewhere. £50 is just too much. I may pick it up second hand later - as I did with DOOM - but that doesn't do Bethesda much good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I find a good story based FPS much more fun than most typical online shooters, Battlefield V for example. They just ultimately seem like clones of each other.

I guess thats why Splatoon is so appealing, as its so wacky and different.

Man of Honour
Apparently this is way different and much better. 80 challenge levels of increasing difficulty. Might be good to have when I'm out and about.

As phate said, if I played single player I'd just wish I was playing online.

If I'm offline I tend to play the indie games designed for single player rather than one being tacked onto a multiplayer game.

Soldato
I've never played splatoon 2 single player , got far cry 5 for the pc but got bored, only shooter I play is rb6 siege , it's different and super competitive. Majority of my other gaming is on the switch just pick it up and play for an hour here and there

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My Mario Tennis Aces arrived today. Having a blast playing it. It is as good as I hoped. Not played the adventure mode yet. But if they made this game with some RPG elements of upgrading your character and buying upgrading your hero, it would be awesome!

Anyone else got it yet?

Soldato
I really think I'd like to try Hyrule warriors. Anyone here had any experiance with it? As a first time player of the game (didn't play Wii U version) is it worth jumping On?

Soldato
I'd like to say the same. I am really struggling with some of the bosses. Some of the bench locations (that I have found so far) are a little too far away and if I fail 5-6 times I end up going somewhere else. Trouble is I am running out of somewhere else places to go!

It's a tough game for sure, hard to offer advice on where to go next as you can get to about 70% of the map pretty early on. If you get really stuck then there are some maps and suggested paths that you can google that might help you get going. Some of the bosses are much harder than others and I'd say the first 10-20% of the game is tougher than the next 50-60% before it gets pretty hard again.

The benches and travel points are not especially convenient in terms of placement, you get an ability quite a bit later that can cut down some of that but it never completely goes away even if you can navigate much quicker by the end due to movement upgrades.

Stick with it if you can :)

Back
Top Bottom