*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, think I'm at the 2nd boss right now. Only thing that always concerns me about these complete editions of a game is that DLC seems to be seamlessly added into the main game so I guess as a new player you can't tell what's original and what was added as an extra later if that makes sense? I always wish for the option to play the base game as intended then the dlc after

I could be wrong

Soldato
The DLC includes the Lifeblood update (lots of improvements, tweaks and an extra boss) so you wouldn't want to play without it. The Grimm Troupe DLC is very clearly different from the rest of the game and you have to actively take it on as a quest, even if you do then you can ignore it until the very end of the game and the only difference is a tent in the starting area. Hidden Dreams adds some very late game bosses that are totally optional.

Hope that helps, if you want to read up then there is more detail at http://hollowknight.wikia.com/wiki/DLC but beware of spoilers :)

Soldato
The DLC includes the Lifeblood update (lots of improvements, tweaks and an extra boss) so you wouldn't want to play without it. The Grimm Troupe DLC is very clearly different from the rest of the game and you have to actively take it on as a quest, even if you do then you can ignore it until the very end of the game and the only difference is a tent in the starting area. Hidden Dreams adds some very late game bosses that are totally optional.

Hope that helps, if you want to read up then there is more detail at http://hollowknight.wikia.com/wiki/DLC but beware of spoilers :)

Ohh ok thanks for clearing that up, I shall just carry on and see how I get on :) just got a new ability. I am getting slight anxiety about being unsure which way is best to go but no where near as bad as say Axiom Verge. There seems to be an easier flow to follow with this game for sure but still not spoon fed to the player which I do appreciate.

Soldato
There isn't really a best way, one tip I would give is to buy the map marker tokens early then use a different colour for every obstacle you run into (e.g. blue for needing double jump, red for a hard boss, etc). You can add the markers from the main map (not the one you get from holding down L), took me several hours to work that out.

fez

fez

Caporegime
There isn't really a best way, one tip I would give is to buy the map marker tokens early then use a different colour for every obstacle you run into (e.g. blue for needing double jump, red for a hard boss, etc). You can add the markers from the main map (not the one you get from holding down L), took me several hours to work that out.

This would have saved me so much time! Completed the game with about 80% after 42 hours.

Soldato
I picked up the Flashback 25th anniversary edition today. Great packaging and a decent retail price too.

Last played this on the Amiga when it game out. As challenging as I remember and looks and sounds brilliant.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ouch, I hit 103% at about 28 hours so you've spent some serious time exploring/backtracking!

Much time backtracking, failing on a few bosses and I have left the console on a number of times just sitting there on the screen so I don't know how many of those hours were from that. I spent at least 30+ hours on there though. Not having any sort of system or memory to know where to go back to after I got a new ability or when I was stuck cost me a lot of time. Have to say though I enjoyed 95% of the time and the other 5% was frustrating. Curse those watcher knights also!

Soldato
I'm 27 hours in with no end in sight. I'm thinking it'll be 40+ hours as well. I have backtracked and searched every nook and cranny multiple times. Still loving it, too.

It's brilliant! I'm maybe 7-8 hours in I think. I bet no 2 players has the same route through this one, making it hard to talk about

Soldato
Thanks mate, I'll do that now!

Edit, all sorted, repair booked in and post label received. What a rubbish system that website repair is!

All received back in under a week, they sent a new joycon. Plus they sent a letter saying my console warranty had been extended by a full year from todays date so thats a result as it was 9 months old already.

Soldato
Are you playing Paladins solo or with friends? I read the DF article this weekend and it looks like they've done an amazing job on the port. Should I wait for the free version or is it worth the money for the Founders pack?

Back
Top Bottom