*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Just felt choppy and looked it aswell, not sure if it's because I was playing on a 50 inch 4K TV running at 1080p makes it like that, not tried it on smaller display yet but it is definitely noticeable on TV than it is in handheld.
Phate:
Get looking at fextralife to get ideas if you haven't played it before, find what sort of build and weapons you want use and they have a nice game progress guide aswell.

I'll be playing it on a 1080p projector ~92" Screen, so will see how it goes :)

Is it worth going into this completely blind? Or advised to use the website?

Soldato

Blind imo. Exploration and experimentation is key for me. It's great. I'd sooner talk on here and ask for advice/share thoughts over looking at a guide. It's a game that really does create great discussions. Nothing beats your first playthrough.

I remember when I first played, I made a thread on this site and the discussions we had really drove me to get the most out of the game and it has since become my favourite series in recent memory if not of all time :)

Soldato
Sweet. You sound similar to me. Blind it is! *thumbs up*

Don't get me wrong guides are great but see what you think first. Many make a very common error near the start, myself included :) doesn't cause any issues but I always find it interesting which way players go to start with as it's not instantly obvious (A good thing)

Associate
Definitely go blind but if you get stuck somewhere then definitely look up a guide to point you to the right direction, you can definitely miss a lot of key side quest and key items as they are not obvious. There is no ping to tell you have triggered a side quest or log to tell you about side quest.

Soldato
Just felt choppy and looked it aswell, not sure if it's because I was playing on a 50 inch 4K TV running at 1080p makes it like that, not tried it on smaller display yet but it is definitely noticeable on TV than it is in handheld.

I played the 360 version last year through XB1 BC (which is meant to be improved!) and it was still awful in some places. This is much better.

Man of Honour

You may as well just watch a let's play if you're going to follow a guide. Why would anyone start a game with a guide?

Use one if you get stuck, on a second play through, or to go back for things you missed.

Associate
I envy anyone about to go through their first blind Dark Souls run. Please don't spoil the game with a guide.

In regards to the Switch port I was really impressed, I've put more time in on the Switch version than the PS4 version simply because it's easier to pick up and play. It generally holds 30fps and I've had no issues with controller input but I use a Pro controller when docked.

Soldato
I'm used to PC 60fps through DSFix and the Switch version feels great to me. The choppy camera at times and occasional input lag has always been present though I can't comment on the X1/PS4 versions.

My problem is that I've finished the DLC and I CBA with the much poorer second half of the game :p.

Soldato
IGN gave Civ 6 9.4 in their review. I don't know much about IGN nor can I find much else review wise out there. Will wait for more information on it.

DS and Diablo 3 though are essential!

Back
Top Bottom