*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
So... I had been wondering how I could be so awful and couldn't do anything in smash and I wasn't using the right hand analogue stick at all...

Do you need to use it? Isn't it just an alternative for using the A button and a quick direction I think? Maybe easier to use it

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So... I had been wondering how I could be so awful and couldn't do anything in smash and I wasn't using the right hand analogue stick at all...

Yeah you really need to set it to tilt attacks otherwise you end up getting really unsafe smash attacks instead.

Soldato
Played a bit of Smash online was insanely laggy at first then I rejoined and it was fine. Totally bonkers still trying to understand it all though I feel I am getting a hang of it. Just rolling with Kirby right now. It's great I have to say.

Man of Honour
Played a bit of Smash online was insanely laggy at first then I rejoined and it was fine. Totally bonkers still trying to understand it all though I feel I am getting a hang of it. Just rolling with Kirby right now. It's great I have to say.

The problem is that everyone is playing on WiFi with the Switch's dodgy packet dropping WiFi chip. It's not noticeable in games like Mario Kart and Splatoon but on fighting games, especially one that ties latency into frame rate, it sucks.

Man of Honour
Never played Smash bros before and I'm completely lost. There a story/tutorial mode or something :o

This has always been a weakness of Smash. Play classic mode first.

Online is utter trash on this as expected due to the same old Brawl netcode and everyone having Switches with dodgy WiFi, so I won't be running a tournament.

Soldato
This has always been a weakness of Smash. Play classic mode first.

Online is utter trash on this as expected due to the same old Brawl netcode and everyone having Switches with dodgy WiFi, so I won't be running a tournament.

Any chance the online will be possible for them to fix? Or are we stuck with it?

Man of Honour
Any chance the online will be possible for them to fix? Or are we stuck with it?

I believe it's related to the game engine. There is no rollback netcode and that needs to be added at a very deep level of the game engine.

If Nintendo haven't bothered to do it for launch then they won't add it later.

Soldato
Who are people going with for main fighters this time out?

Mine are:

Captain Falcon (been my main since the series began)
Sheik
Ken
Roy

Probably fair to keep he info in spoiler tags as not everyone will know the full roster.

Man of Honour
Who are people going with for main fighters this time out?

Mine are:

Captain Falcon (been my main since the series began)
Sheik
Ken
Roy

Probably fair to keep he info in spoiler tags as not everyone will know the full roster.

My previous main characters have been Fox, Wolf, Falco, Marth, Cloud, Mario and Samus. I'll go for whichever of those hasn't been nerfed too hard (so not Wolf!).

Edit: Woah, you can now do a short hop aerial every time (with a 15% damage penalty) by pressing a direction + jump + "a" at the same time. This makes my ground offense game so much safer and reliable now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom