*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Octopath is a very easy game, so just be aware of that if you like things more difficult. Mario + Rabbids is another great game but a bit too easy.

Donkey Kong is a nice difficulty and Mario Odyssey is nice and tricky to get 100% on too, but you can "finish" the game with your eyes closed.

Smash Bros and Splatoon are great multiplayer games.

I've yet to start Xenoblade 2 despite owning it since release :o

Caporegime
Octopath being easy depends on your JRPG experience and ability :p

I found it at times very challenging. Some of those bosses...my god :o

But I am a JRPG noob so :D

Toward the end you are pretty overpowered though. :) I still put 80hrs in to the game.

Soldato
Anyone picked up Mario Party? How do you find it ?

It's good fun, most of the mini games are decent with only a few misses. Best played with 4 of course as the AI is still pretty average.

Only real downer is the excessively random way points are dished out at the end which can lead to some unexpected (and undeserved) winners but that does also mean everyone has a reason to keep playing to the end.

Soldato
So guys I'm picking up the currys deal for £299 on Saturday seems best one atm.

Just wondering is a screen protector needed? I ask as I remember the docks damaging the screens is it still the case?

Man of Honour
So guys I'm picking up the currys deal for £299 on Saturday seems best one atm.

Just wondering is a screen protector needed? I ask as I remember the docks damaging the screens is it still the case?

Yes it's needed. The screen is soft plastic and the dock still scratches it.

Get the orzly tempered glass one.

Soldato
Argh the £299 currys deal is gone bah :( now need to find another bundle.

So smyths have a bundle for £299 but has pokemon lets go instead of smash bros, would you say that's a good deal?

I did love the original red/blue/yellow which let's go is a retelling of sorts.

Last edited:
Associate
Many of you playing Smash?
As I have never Smashed before, total Virgin at it, I needed a guide of what goes where.
Came across a manual that reddit user OharaLibrarianArtur put together, and it's been a big help.

https://imgur.com/a/gvSJXL1

Nintendo sure know how to make em don't they :D, I'm totally rubbish at it, but having fun being bad, in that way only Nintendo games can make you feel.
I was hooked at the cut scene, Go Kirby!

Associate
Many of you playing Smash?
As I have never Smashed before, total Virgin at it, I needed a guide of what goes where.
Came across a manual that reddit user OharaLibrarianArtur put together, and it's been a big help.

https://imgur.com/a/gvSJXL1

Nintendo sure know how to make em don't they :D, I'm totally rubbish at it, but having fun being bad, in that way only Nintendo games can make you feel.
I was hooked at the cut scene, Go Kirby!
Ooh thanks for the link!! I'm a complete smash noob as well and I haven't played a fighting game in 20 years so that link will help a lot!

Soldato
I sold my Switch a while back purely as I had a run of bad luck and needed the money. I'm not in a hurry to buy one though because firstly there is the rumour of the new model which we all know will happen eventually, and secondly the longer I leave it the more choice of games I'll have.

Soldato
Anyone you unlock in world of light is unlocked in any mode.

Yeah I noticed that. I love taking new characters into training to see their move sets. It's really clever how differently they all play. I want to use an Inkling but I'm finding them quite difficult to get to grips with. Anyway early days I'm sure I will eventually find a few that I can use regularly. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I might. WoL is pretty decent for a fighting games single player mode.

Soldato
Faulty switch joy con? So wondered if any one has had this issue purchased mk8 bundle today me and Mrs playing it tonight when using right joy came n at random intervals it will just do what it wants.

E.g. Turn right or left, buttons don't respond, can't turn at all, turns in just a repeating circle. No buttons on the joy con respond at all.

Whilst All this happens the left joy con is fine

Thing is it will be okay for few laps then do it, I've tried turning off the auto options thinking it's them but not a clue

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Faulty switch joy con? So wondered if any one has had this issue purchased mk8 bundle today me and Mrs playing it tonight when using right joy came n at random intervals it will just do what it wants.

E.g. Turn right or left, buttons don't respond, can't turn at all, turns in just a repeating circle. No buttons on the joy con respond at all.

Whilst All this happens the left joy con is fine

Thing is it will be okay for few laps then do it, I've tried turning off the auto options thinking it's them but not a clue

That's a faulty switch rather than a faulty joycon.

Back
Top Bottom