*** Nintendo Switch ***

You don't get ridiculous button combos like other fighters. In Smash, it's "a" or "b" and a direction on the left stick (or leave the stick in neutral) to do every move in the game.

It's simple to play. Mastery is largely about timing.

You don't get ridiculous button combos like other fighters. In Smash, it's "a" or "b" and a direction on the left stick (or leave the stick in neutral) to do every move in the game.

It's simple to play. Mastery is largely about timing.

Plus dash attacks, throws, blocks, dodges, rolls, air dodges, short hops, wavedashing, l cancelling, tilts, smashes, walking, running, Di, fast fall... Plus many more.

Just the movement alone is more complicated than all of MK or sf without even considering the attacks.

There's a reason I used to place in street fighter tournaments and not smash ones. It's a much more complicated game.

I feel like Smash is really easy to get into and feel like you are getting somewhere and having fun. Streetfighter felt like I was utterly awful until I learned a load of button combinations to do particular moves.

Smash has a really low entry threshold but a higher ceiling.

I feel like Smash is really easy to get into and feel like you are getting somewhere and having fun. Streetfighter felt like I was utterly awful until I learned a load of button combinations to do particular moves.

Agreed, its as simple or as complex as you want.

I think Street Fighter is easier to get into as you have to learn one anti-air and then just do the throw/block/attack (rock/paper scissors) malarky. Smash you have to learn movement first or you just fall off the level every game.

As someone who plays (played) both competitively I have found that Street Fighter is far easier to start with and Smash is a far deeper and more complex game.

Street Fighter is also as simple or complex as you want, but without falling off the edge if you don't learn the very basics.

You can get a switch at Very at the moment for £229.99. If you enter the code NKMKE then it will also do it buy now pay in 12 months, but obviously can pay it off anytime. Otherwise argos next cheapest with the fortnite bundle.

Our daughter is getting a switch for Christmas, and I am looking for an additional controller so that the family can all play Mario kart, and she can play other games with friends. Is another joy-con advised, or is a pro controller a better option.

Also does the pro controller react to movement so turn the controller turn the Kart or is it like a standard controller?

Pro controller is better than a pair of joy cons, yes. Its more comfortable. How old is your daughter? If shes young the pro pad might be too big for her?

You get 2 joy cons with the switch, so off the bat you can play local 2 player Mario Kart.

Pro controller has full motion control like the joy cons yep. :)

Forgot to mention you can play mario kart with either 1 or 2 joy cons, or a pro controller.

Simmz deal seems pretty sweet if you go via Very, buy the games you want separately elsewhere.

Alternatively, the Game Collection has Switch & Mario Kart for £280 - https://www.thegamecollection.net/n...witch/?tduid=b3763f3804591a88b49c78d9d51d035f

Out of stock. But found one for the same price!

You can get a switch at Very at the moment for £229.99. If you enter the code NKMKE then it will also do it buy now pay in 12 months, but obviously can pay it off anytime. Otherwise argos next cheapest with the fortnite bundle.

It is a good deal, but it's £50 credit by the looks of it. Which is a bit naff as I've never used Very so it could sit there forever.

Pro controller is better than a pair of joy cons, yes. Its more comfortable. How old is your daughter? If shes young the pro pad might be too big for her?

You get 2 joy cons with the switch, so off the bat you can play local 2 player Mario Kart.

Pro controller has full motion control like the joy cons yep. :)

Forgot to mention you can play mario kart with either 1 or 2 joy cons, or a pro controller.
Perfect that provides me with the answers I needed.

I was aware that you only needed half the joy-con setup per player for Mario Kart, but in case of other games just wanted to know my options. Also my Daughter is 11 so a pro would be fine size wise.

Though I already played it and sold it on I bought Mario + Rabbids again in the sale. I might get the season pass now to play the DK expansion. Also grabbed Blossom Tales. There's a ton of stuff in this sale that I want!

Back
Top Bottom