1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Phate

Caporegime

You will get used to getting battered online. There are people who played Smash 4 a ridiculous amount which the game is based on. So they have ahuge head start to you.

I'd take Kreee up on his offer. He is a good teacher :) - I feel like I have improved dramatically, even if I still lose a lot :D

2. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

getting bored of my switch

3. KraniX

Wise Guy

How come, just no games that interest you?

4. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Yea no games that interest me at the moment. For example there's no proper racing sim like pcars 2 or f1 2018

5. kinger8938

Sgarrista

It's definitely not the system for that genre unfortunatly, maybe we will get one in the future but I don't think so personally

6. satchef1

Mobster

GRID Autosport is coming this year. It is a bit poor though when the best you can hope for is a port of a five year old racing sim.

7. Cavallino

Capodecina

Yes I think you're right.
    Yep Ive set right stick to tilt and disabled up for jump.

I missed your offer, thank you for it, I would definitely like to take you up on that perhaps sometime over the weekend (although I am once again a new father with twins!)
    Is there audio communication with the Switch or is it via the App on the phone?)

One other question - What is the significance of tilt attacks/makes them different to normal attacks?

8. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I have two kids under two myself so I get it ;)

Smash seems to have a voice option in the lobbies but I just use Whatsapp chat as there is no universal method for voice communication on the switch.

What is a normal attack to you?

There are the following types of attacks using the a button:
    Jab: Tap a, on a lot of the cast tap multiple times for a jab chain
    Tilt: Tilt gently in a direction and press a. It's hard to avoid doing a smash attack hence setting the right stick to tilts, plus it lets you do directional aerials while moving in a different direction such as a back air while moving forward.
    Smash: Smash your stick in a direction and press a.
    Aerial: In the air press a, or a direction and a.

Tilt moves are much easier to space to make them safe on block, come out faster than smashes and normally allow combos. An example is fox's up tilt which combos into itself 3 times and then into a follow up aerial.

Smash moves are very slow, very unsafe and do not lead into combos. They are only used a few times in a match when someone makes a big mistake or you do a move that stuns/grounds someone.

Jabs are always safe and can be hit confirmed into more jabs but usually don't do much damage and have few follow up options.

9. satchef1

Mobster

Smash could do with its own thread I think. It's dominating this thread.

@Kreeeee is there any chance you'd be willing to do it and stick a few basic tips in the OP? You seem to know what you're doing, moreso than most of us.

10. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Yeah I'll make a thread tonight at some point, but I'm not too keen on writing a guide when there are much better resources out there for that. I'll make one for matchmaking and asking questions.

11. KraniX

Wise Guy

I don't see sim devs focusing on Switch, there was an interview with the Chief Commercial Officer at Slightly Mad Studios a while back and he stated they had little interest in Switch and mentioned how hardware intensive their games are and had their hands full focusing on other platforms.

Can't say I'm surprised, maybe with how popular the system has become they'll look at it again.

Have you played Gear.Club 1 or 2? Not that highly scored on MetaCritic but might be worth a go?

12. Noxia

Soldato

I've never played Smash and tbh it looks too frantic, such as I'd never get a hang of it. Plus I have no friends lol.

13. Grey M@a

Hitman

Might be worth checking out V-Rally 4, although not a sim its a decent racer/rally game for the Switch :)

14. satchef1

Mobster

Bethesda can get DOOM: Eternal running on a Switch, but Slightly Mad can't manage Project Cars because the Switch is too underpowered?

Pull the other one :p

Not worth the effort of scaling it down is something I can buy though.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  15. Plainsong

Soldato

Well not counting Smash or Gris which I paid full price for, I've bought 10 games in this bloody sale :o

16. Noxia

Soldato

When my family group is setup, will we be able to retroactively download the free NES games or is it like PS+ where if you miss it a month that's it?

17. Yrkoon

Wise Guy

loving octo path traveller, just done some chapter 2 stuff.

ordered xenoblade chronicles 2 earlier and zelda finally arrived think im gonna be busy lol

18. kinger8938

Sgarrista

I'm not too sure about that actually, I do recall them saying they may rotate some in and out at some point but I could be wrong

19. Phate

Caporegime

I thought they were only going to add, not remove.

20. Noxia

Soldato

Well it's not a game changer by any means just curious. I got my Satisfye slim case today and the grip is outstanding, it makes holding the Switch so much better it cannot be understated. Shame I had to get the red one mind but hey ho.
    Just incase anyone hasn't heard of them and finds handheld for long periods uncomfortable: https://satisfye.com/