*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Even if you do need to get back to where you died you can run past most things.

Like all of these games you're meant to be weak at the start and you really feel it until you learn the mechanics of the game.

Farming is only required if you want to level specific things like STR, DEX etc to use specific weapons and armour which will be useless unless you have the minimum required stats.

If you're struggling with bosses look in to reversing your hollow status (with Humanity at bonfires) and summoning NPC's and actual players. Makes the game a lot easier. The game doesn't really explain Humanity very well so it might be worth looking in to that.
Thanks. Yeah hasn’t mentioned anything about that will check it out.

Man of Honour
Even if you do need to get back to where you died you can run past most things.

Like all of these games you're meant to be weak at the start and you really feel it until you learn the mechanics of the game.

Farming is only required if you want to level specific things like STR, DEX etc to use specific weapons and armour which will be useless unless you have the minimum required stats.

If you're struggling with bosses look in to reversing your hollow status (with Humanity at bonfires) and summoning NPC's and actual players. Makes the game a lot easier. The game doesn't really explain Humanity very well so it might be worth looking in to that.
So I got passed that bit quite easily with a bit of farming and item buying. Just looked up humanity and yeah, not explained at all. I’m fine with the lack of hand holding but you can’t just figure out a whole game mechanic that is never explained...

Soldato
Really liking the Switch so far, picked it up a couple of days ago.

I got it with Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Pokemon Eevee Edition and Zelda.

Just fallen in love with it and when the missus want's to watch tv i just take it out the dock and play it while she watches what she wants so win win.

Yeh same here. I got mine at the end of last week, picked up Zelda on the Friday and managed to get a couple of hours in over the weekend. I was travelling a lot over the weekend so it was awesome being able to play in handheld mode. Also same on Sunday night when the other half wanted to watch some of her shows, just chilled next to her playing in handheld.

Need to get some proper time in on the T.V next, and some more games :D

Soldato
Hooked on Dragon Quest Builders at the moment. Got caught out with the Chapter 1 boss, which wound up being a really tough fight. Up until that point, nobody had come close to breaching my base. By the time the fight was done, there wasn't much left :eek:

Soldato
Anyone who fancies giving Splatoon 2 a go can download a free online demo tomorrow which is playable until next Monday with a free 7 day online trial to go with it (even if you've used a trial before). https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1107645254113595392
Yey, been awaiting this; downloading now.:D

Also same on Sunday night when the other half wanted to watch some of her shows, just chilled next to her playing in handheld.
Yeah man, do the same when the Mrs is watching that Vera, headphones on and happy as a pig in @#*°.
Also plodding on with BOTW, relishing every moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
So Amazon are offering The Neon Switch + Zelda for £309.99. Plus for today only their offering £5 off purchases over £25. Which means I could get it for £304.99.

Worth it for that price?

Soldato
You know Argos sell on eBay right? Most of the stuff on these these days is new, like brand new.

You use an eBay code to buy something from Argos cheaper than their own website, you can even collect it in store.

Soldato
It's average, there have been better deals in the past but if you are happy with the price just buy it.

EDIT: when I say average I mean its just the standard price for Switch+Game bundle these days, especially given the same is a launch title and is freely available on the used market these days.

Man of Honour
Splashed out on some games on the members market over the last few weeks. Bought myself Has-Been Hero's which is actually imo a good little indi type game and having put quite a few hours in and enjoying it. I've decided its a bit of a mix between binding of Isaac and plants vs zombies which is no bad thing. Once you get over the controls it's a really fun little game and ive spent quite a bit of time just picking it up for a quick run.

I'm on the lookout to build up a little collection of must play titles and am not sure what other titles are ones I should really look out for? Also does anybody have any recommendations for games to get out other than mario kart when friends come over?

These are the games I have bought or currently have:

Has Been Hero's
Mario Odyssey
Splatoon
Monopoly
Octopath traveller
Sega Collection
Mario Kart
Zelda BOTW

Im looking out for Super Smash Bros but after that I am at a bit of a loss so any recommendations are welcome.

Man of Honour
@Vince It’s all a matter of taste but for single player I’d say I enjoyed Hollow Knight probably more than anything else other than Zelda and I can’t quite recall Mario enough to say which I preferred.

More Dark Souls musings for anyone interested...

Yeah, some things they really should explain and it’s ridiculous they don’t explain them. It’s not even a case of ‘figuring it out’ - you can’t. It’s just not ****ing explained.

The humanity system, as stated.

The hollowing system.

The weapon bonus stats.

How to use spells - again, not obvious.

Honestly wtf were they thinking. That’s just bad game design. Nothing clever with that at all.

Otherwise, with a bit of farming and accepting that you pretty much HAVE to look things up to understand how they work.... life becomes so much easier and dare I say it, a lot more fun. I’ve rung one bell and now I’m wandering around exploring a bit more. The boss near the bell - I barely got a hit in. Two people came along and beat it up for me. Yay!

Final musings. Even suitably levelled up I thought I could run passed a load of nooblettes but no - I got stuck in a corner, raped from all angles, lost 7000 souls and 7 humanity. Then somehow fell off a ledge and lost it all for good. FML. Bottom line, don’t get complacent!

Edit - this from another forum puts my above point for more eloquently:

Dark Souls has a problem that the old Elder Scrolls had -- you are forced to make long-term decisions before you have sufficient information to make them. You can't reroll your class, you can't redistribute your stats, and you can't get back the slabs and other upgrade materials which can take hours to farm back again. It punishes you for not looking up the information online, which was also the case in Oblivion and Morrowind.
I was inclined to not spend any souls because I was waiting for the game to tell me “here’s an overview of what to do”. So I was struggling along as a total pipsqueak. Really I was making life far harder than necsssary, simply because they game didn’t tell me what choices I actually had. Armed with knowledge, you can then make informed strategic decisions. Otherwise, enjoy wasting hours on speculative experimenting.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You're putting me off the game :p I wonder why so many hold it in such high regard that it ruined being able to appreciate any other game for some people.

Last edited:
Associate
You're putting me off the game :p I wonder why so many hold it in such high regard that it ruined being able to appreciate any other game for some people.
That's because people think it's difficult so they think it's better but it's not really that hard it just has a high learning curve as the game doesn't teach you anything and once you get used to it the game gets pretty easy fast and boring imo

Soldato
Splashed out on some games on the members market over the last few weeks. Bought myself Has-Been Hero's which is actually imo a good little indi type game and having put quite a few hours in and enjoying it. I've decided its a bit of a mix between binding of Isaac and plants vs zombies which is no bad thing. Once you get over the controls it's a really fun little game and ive spent quite a bit of time just picking it up for a quick run.

I'm on the lookout to build up a little collection of must play titles and am not sure what other titles are ones I should really look out for? Also does anybody have any recommendations for games to get out other than mario kart when friends come over?

These are the games I have bought or currently have:

Has Been Hero's
Mario Odyssey
Splatoon
Monopoly
Octopath traveller
Sega Collection
Mario Kart
Zelda BOTW

Im looking out for Super Smash Bros but after that I am at a bit of a loss so any recommendations are welcome.

You're the sod whose been beating me to all the games being sold on the MM :D:p

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is meant to be very good, could be worth adding to your list. As Nitefly said Hollow Knight is very good as well.

Back
Top Bottom