*** Nintendo Switch ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just watched the trailer for Diablo 3 and some gameplay footage.

God dammit :o

I know right. There goes any semblance of a life I have once that comes out.

I can't make sense of the combat system, it all seems so unnecessarily complicated.

From what people have been saying, the demo just throws you in and its super hard to make any sense of it all. This is coming from people who seem to know and love the series as well.

Soldato
My excitement for Diablo III is increasing by the minute. There's no way that I am going to be able to resist that.

I tried the MH demo this morning and did the first mission quite easily. MH: World is my only MH experience (55 hours) so I was good to go really - though it took me a while to know which buttons to use. There is no tutorial so you're going to have to mash A, B, X and R to get anything to happen. Without the tutorial you can't know the combo's so getting any good damage is difficult. The combat is literally like the combo's in say a Bayonetta or a fighting game. In MH: W there was a practice area where you could try out each weapon type and it gave you the combo's - just like something like Tekken does. The main game might have something similar but sadly the demo doesn't (as far as I know). This is all about levelling and crafting. The combat can be satisfying if you nail it but yeah it's not for everyone.

Associate
Monster Hunter Generation Ultimate is a port from the 3DS game, the Generation gameplay is slightly different to World. World plays like the old school way, while Generation has the new Hunting art which is a fresh idea implemented.
Just need to find which art/style you like most and play to its strength and you'll find it a lot of fun. The aerial style is a lot of fun, the guild style should be the most basic one which should be similar to how World is played.

There are couple of videos on Youtube that showcase the different styles for each weapon.

Soldato
It's different but also very similar/familiar. It's a poor demo that will put off new players. They should just have given a timed demo of the first hour or 2 of the game to at least give people some clue as to wtf they're supposed to be doing and how.

Soldato
I can't make sense of the combat system, it all seems so unnecessarily complicated.
Yeah that's exactly it. Plus I think that game technically came before World, and World is the one where they tried to make it more user friendly for a western audience. And I found the same even with that tbh.

Man of Honour
Yeah that's exactly it. Plus I think that game technically came before World, and World is the one where they tried to make it more user friendly for a western audience. And I found the same even with that tbh.

I tried it again and I'm definitely out. I love a hard game as much as the next nerd, but this is just horribly and unnecessarily over-complicated to play for me.

Soldato
I tried it again and I'm definitely out. I love a hard game as much as the next nerd, but this is just horribly and unnecessarily over-complicated to play for me.

Yeah the series as a whole is and always has been a mess in that regard and I don't know why it's as well received as it is for having such obvious flaws

Soldato
Received Deadcells in the post today :) was expecting a cardboard sleeve with an art book but it's just a normal case with a leaflet style art book I side! Bit of a let down but still, excited to play tonight :)

Associate
When I used to play local multiplayer 'hunting parties' with friends on Monster Hunter 4U on 3DS, a big part of the enjoyment was learning together to get better. I was terrible to begin with but learning how to play MH can be super satisfying; it kinda what it's all about. It's a great franchise.

Is the demo the same as the Japanese demo from last year? I completed the 3 fights in that demo but can't recall the monster names, you could pick every weapon type iirc.

I've been tempted to pick up MH World on PC but I know how demanding of your attention the games can be, and I just don't think I'll have time to get the most out of it.

Back
Top Bottom