*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Where did you hear/read that about Civ 6? The only feedback I've seen looks pretty positive and the iPad version was surprisingly complete with the only big downer being battery usage.

Reddit. It's also missing the hot-seat multiplayer mode so no local multiplayer if you don't have multiple copies either, and bigger games have very long wait times for the AI to make their move.

Soldato
I skipped the story mode after 2 hours so maybe it improves later on, but I just wanted that grindy goodness so I jumped straight to the end game rifts.

Adventure mode from the start is great. Glad it doesn't require 1 campaign completion now! Seasons is a great way to play too, gives nice things to aim for as you play

Soldato
Reddit. It's also missing the hot-seat multiplayer mode so no local multiplayer if you don't have multiple copies either, and bigger games have very long wait times for the AI to make their move.

Checked Reddit and aside from the lack of hot-seat the feedback from people who actually have the game looks positive to me and can't see any mention of "very long times". It's a Civ game so waiting/watching the AI always takes some time especially late game but Aspyr have a pretty good track record for ports, certainly the iOS port was well-received.

I imagine the biggest issue would be that handheld you'd drain the battery in ~2 hours but I can't find anything to backup your claim it's "a very poor version" although the lack of local MP is a real shame.

Soldato
I'm finding it odd that on release day we only have one dodgy IGN review (which looks like a c+p of their PC review where the score is the same). Nothing on Metacritic apart from this one review.

Soldato
Yeah, I didn't know this was coming out, I love a bit of Civ so nearly jumped straight in but paying full price for a 2 year old game put me off as does the lack of reviews. The only Reddit posts I can see from people who own it actually look very positive but will hold off for a few days and wait for some proper reviews :)

Soldato
I've got mine. It's pretty nostalgic; a fairly faithful remake of Pokemon Yellow. Though it feels easier than I remember.

Only thing I'm not keen on is swapping out the wild Pokemon battles for "Go" style encounters (throw the pokeball, hope it catches the Pokémon).

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I didn't know this was coming out, I love a bit of Civ so nearly jumped straight in but paying full price for a 2 year old game put me off as does the lack of reviews. The only Reddit posts I can see from people who own it actually look very positive but will hold off for a few days and wait for some proper reviews :)

I'm going to Spain soon and I thought this would be a great game to have on holiday. I'm holding off until I see some decent impressions.

Man of Honour
I've got mine. It's pretty nostalgic; a fairly faithful remake of Pokemon Yellow. Though it feels easier than I remember.

Only thing I'm not keen on is swapping out the wild Pokemon battles for "Go" style encounters (throw the pokeball, hope it catches the Pokémon).

It's designed for people who have never played the games before so it's supposed to be very easy, even for a pokemon game.

Regarding civilization, I'm also waiting for the non copy and pasted reviews as initial impressions and missing features and expansion packs make the price seem too high.

Man of Honour
Civ 6 DLC has now appeared on the eShop, so you're paying £35 (£50 if you pay RRP) for a £12 game and then another load for the DLC packages but without multiplayer.

I will still buy it one day though when it's half price.

Back
Top Bottom