No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Soldato
I also play offline because sometimes people try and give me loads of credits and stuff but that just ruins the game for me because a lot of the enjoyment is the grind to get good stuff.

Agree with @bigmike20vt, in effect a 'wipe' for the planets but not inventory and the language stuff.I suppose you would also have to have your Discovery thing wiped as well because those planets wouldn't exist anymore. That's not really a big deal.
Though tbh I love restarting from scratch and then never finishing a game, @TNA bullies me about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The whole building a base on one planet then moving on from there seems a silly mechanic to me.
The point is to keep exploring not set up shop.

Soldato
The whole building a base on one planet then moving on from there seems a silly mechanic to me.
The point is to keep exploring not set up shop.

It's a sandbox though so surely the point is whatever you want to make of it.

Like you can just follow the story and call it a day or focus on the aspects you really like, but yes you're not forced to spend hours making massive bases.

Though what you said resonates with me and it's the reason I don't play games like valheim etc. Because you just build to get to a point where you can move to another area and then repeat the process again.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a sandbox though so surely the point is whatever you want to make of it.

Like you can just follow the story and call it a day or focus on the aspects you really like, but yes you're not forced to spend hours making massive bases.

Though what you said resonates with me and it's the reason I don't play games like valheim etc. Because you just build to get to a point where you can move to another area and then repeat the process again.
I saw no way of progressing without following the base building bit.

Associate
This is a game I have tried hard to like - started a campaign 4 times now but still not gone beyond the 4 hour mark in any.

After a short time it just starts feeling like boring, hard work to me for some reason.

Soldato
What they add isn't really a game changer though. Some nice visuals, but there's still too little variation in everything...

But, but, you can now land on the water! Well, more like hover....

embed

The latest expedition isn't live as yet so yeah, not much to do that hasn't been done already. It does look great, Hello Games must be the best developer redemption story in gaming history and bodes well for their other games going forward.

Soldato
But, but, you can now land on the water! Well, more like hover....

embed

The latest expedition isn't live as yet so yeah, not much to do that hasn't been done already. It does look great, Hello Games must be the best developer redemption story in gaming history and bodes well for their other games going forward.

I like how they just deliver stuff without making a big song and dance about it beforehand and then continually under deliver like a certain other company who is making a space demo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom