No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

That Planet they landed on in the E3 video looked exactly like something out of the game GRAV, the rock destructible even looked/acted exactly the same way. I really thought it was GRAV in the video not another Game :p Anyone else see the huge resemblance?

Last edited:
Is it just me who lovess the idea but thinks it will get extremely boring quickly. From what i've seen there is nothing that shows it's a deep game. Fly to one planet, walk around, fly to another slightly different planet walk around. Shoot the odd thing in the process.

Is it just me who lovess the idea but thinks it will get extremely boring quickly. From what i've seen there is nothing that shows it's a deep game. Fly to one planet, walk around, fly to another slightly different planet walk around. Shoot the odd thing in the process.

I think this is the main reason it is taking so long, while it was just Hello Games working on a game they could afford to launch something that was pretty much a chill out exploration thing with minor gameplay elements, now that Sony have gotten involved and hyped it up I think they feel the need to provide some depth other than just the journey itself.

Heh, there's a massive amount of gameplay in there compared to what was originally shown :p

Even as a tech demo I'd still buy it too :D

At the moment it just screams tech demo. I'm still seeing almost zero gameplay.

I'm not even sure I'd class it as a tech demo, it looks pretty bad to me.

What is very impressive is the coding from a very small team to make a game like this. I agree with you that as yet I see zero gameplay... how long will it take to get bored with flying to some random planet and seeing something slightly different. The space combat looked ancient.

I was talking to a friend about it last night and he compared it to Destiny and Elite Dangerous, personally I can't see the comparison, I haven't played Elite Dangerous but it looks a lot better than this that's for sure.

What I've only just realised is this is going to be a full price game (according to some retailers) and there is no way is an indie game worth that sort of money imo

And that is exactly why I think we've been shown almost nothing gameplay wise, they know it needs some and what it has currently just isn't good enough.

I feel exactly the same. Reminds me very much of spore. A lot of promise, procedural generation etc. in reality the whole game is very shallow and repetitive. From what we have seen space combat look incredibly basic and the game will probably get boring quickly. Will have to wait and see, but I will be shocked if I am wrong.

It a great sandbox, but you've got to give the player plenty of things to do. Wandering about though millions of systems will get very samey very quickly even if they are all superficially different-looking.

Back
Top Bottom