• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Got to admit, the 1080Ti offers the perfect performance for me at 4K. Looking forward to Volta.

Agree 4K will be excellent for the price. What's interesting is that OC result at that temperature, could we have situation where custom cards / cooling aren't materially better?

Soldato
Just saw that Asus' versions will have 2 x hdmi ports - Finally!!! Suprised (well, disappointed) Nvidia didn't do this on the reference card given their push for VR.... I hope EVGA and others follow suit, it means I can finally ditch my DisplayPort to hdmi adaptor.

Caporegime
From what I know, it has been fluctuating between 1.2 to 1.25 for while, nothing has changed recently has it?

The Pound suffered losses against some of the majors on Friday as traders reacted to an unexpected slowdown in UK services output.

The highly influential service sector PMI report, which accounts for over 70% of British GDP, slid from 54.5 in January to 53.3 in February – its lowest level since September. Analysts had pencilled in a more subtle dip to 54.0. Business confidence remained strong but weaker consumer spending figures weighed on the headline index. This is worrying for UK GDP because inflation is on the rise and wage growth has started to slow. The British economy has been remarkably resilient since the Brexit vote, mostly due to consumers’ voracious appetite for spending. However, if household purchasing power continues sliding then growth will likely follow suit.

Many economists, most notably the Governor of the Bank of England, Mark Carney, expect UK growth to soften over the next 12 months and February’s service sector report did little to dispel that argument.
Every week finicial forecasts are worse than expected to it dips a bit more. In fact the only times its really bounced back up is when Trump says or does something stupid (thank god) otherwise we would be below $1.20 already.

Its slipped 2.4% in Feb and 1% this week alone. So already a 1080ti is going to cost 3.4% more than it would have at the beginning of February. May not seem much but its £24 on a £700 card. If it drops as much in March as it did in February that will be about 5% in total before the decent AIB cards are out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Every week finicial forecasts are worse than expected to it dips a bit more. In fact the only times its really bounced back up is when Trump says or does something stupid (thank god) otherwise we would be below $1.20 already.

Its slipped 2.4% in Feb and 1% this week alone. So already a 1080ti is going to cost 3.4% more than it would have at the beginning of February. May not seem much but its £24 on a £700 card. If it drops as much in March as it did in February that will be about 5% in total before the decent AIB cards are out.
Stop this crazy talk greebo, otherwise someone will soon be along to insinuate you blaming brexit and that it is worth it for our freedom etc etc :p

Nearly every time I spoke about currency this happened to me without me actually sayings anything about brexit :p

Caporegime
Stop this crazy talk greebo, otherwise someone will soon be along to insinuate you blaming brexit and that it is worth it for our freedom etc etc :p

Nearly every time I spoke about currency this happened to me without me actually sayings anything about brexit :p

Well you have gone and blown that now by mentioning the B word! :p

I wasn't blaming anything, was just pointing out the dropping pound.............

Associate
soo.. the titan xp still the fastest card?

I mean its easy to claim another card is faster when you overclock it out the box but the titan xp is stock.. unless they have superior components to allow for even more overclocks maybe it is.. but I dont see the 1080ti getting 12000 Gbps? or maybe im going to be surprised :D

Back
Top Bottom