• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

like a few people I got the spinning ring of death trying to go to basket, and when I got to basket was in too much of a rush and selected mon-fri delivery doh, oh well nothing I can do now unless I can collect from store tomorrow.

So for people who have ordered cards and had no confirmation from DPD how is it showing in your orders as mine is still in process and I believe there was stock when i managed get to checkout.

Order is in process.

Placing the order when they're in stock does not mean they have one for you unfortunately.

I think the stock count only went down when an order enter the "in progress" stage, and it takes around 10 minutes to reach that stage (for me anyways).

After purchasing an MSI 1080 Gaming X on launch for £599, i can safely that's the last time i'm spending that on a GPU. Let along £700-£800.

Just not doing it, insane amount of money to spend on a GPU and i refuse to encourage Nvidia (Who are blatantly taking the mick). Hopefully AMD will bring things back into balance.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for "If you've got the money then why not?". Luxury items go for what people are willing to pay, big reason i got a HTC Vive is even that small amount of enjoyment was worth the price of admission.. However, Nvidia are exploiting their position currently. It's gone beyond a luxury product for a high price, to a luxury product for an grossly inflated price.

i agree with you but its nvidia europe or UK taking the ****

the 980Ti 780Ti all cost 699 USD this is not different

i know the pound is weaker but its not yet £1 = $1 so quite frankly they can do one

luckily for me common sense kicked in at 17.59 and i didn't order when it went live

my 980 Ti's will last me till Vega and hopefully we will see £100 or more off these 1080Ti' s

I changed my mind when I seen the prices, my limit was £700 and I would not cross that threshold. I'll wait a few months and then decide what to do.

i know the pound is weaker but its not yet £1 = $1 so quite frankly they can do one

luckily for me common sense kicked in at 17.59 and i didn't order when it went live

my 980 Ti's will last me till Vega and hopefully we will see £100 or more off these 1080Ti' s

This is exactly my thinking and by then the EVGA Hydro Copper will be out with the FTW3 OC BIOS . thats if they will do the HYDRO Copper .

I can confirmed the Gigabyte 1080Ti Turbo image is INCORRECT, it should infact be an image of a blower cooler as its same cooler as found on 1080 Turbo which is single fan blower.

I was on a plane, I shall kill my padowan on Monday and pop into work tomorrow to fix that. Those who have ordered one, do not cancel because I shall try to sort you a deal on Gigabyte Gaming card which has a tri-fan style cooler. :)
Wow what a guy :) This is why people love OcUK and personally why i try to buy all my stuff from you guys.

Ok. I couldnt buy any. At 6pm it was all preorder:(

I'm ****** but now if I'm gonna wait, I'm gonna wait for a big one.

What AIB are you guys ordering?
When can we expect AIB cards in stock?

I think I'm gonna order Palit Gamerock Premium. £779. Why not!
There was a Zotac still in stock when i checked around 10 past 6.

Brexit is to blame, pound 25% down on when you bought the 980ti, FE 1080ti would be £550 if no Brexit. AIB 600+

Why do people not seem to understand mathematics and taxes!

USA list prices excluding sales tax (which varies state to state)
UK list prices including sales tax (VAT 20%)

So yes when VAT is included it really is now £1 equals $1, fact of life. :(

So if you want to compare USA prices to UK, compare like for like, so no sales tax on either which makes UK £575 compared to USA $699 :)

Back
Top Bottom