• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

I am quite happy paying for my Pre-order on my CC and it will be paid in full when I get the bill in. I have been saving for a few months, so happy days. OcUK have done me proud over the many years I have used them and even though I almost went elsewhere when the website locked up, I am so glad I didn't.

You guys really could do with better servers when it comes to GPU launches though :(

I am more than happy with OCUK as a retailer, this is my go to place for any parts and the forums for information and good knowledge, I love being a part of this site and community. I just wish the money hadn't come out yet as I've never had to pay a full amount for a pre-order that has no ETA. It was just unexpected but not a massive issue.

Well I am intrigued. Anyone know why core clock and memory are TBD on these custom cards? Probably a simple answer but I've not bought a card at launch before...

Don't worry about what the clocks will be as all 1080 Ti's will overclock beyond even the fastest default clocks on a custom card.

What is more important is -

What the cooler is like

What the warranty is like

What the power system is like if you want to go for big overclocks.

Does the vendor allow you to fit waterblocks if that is important to you.

So I take it OCUK sold out their initial stock already, that was quick. I'm tempted to try and get one while in Boston but don't know if the savings are worth the bother.

Don't worry about what the clocks will be as all 1080 Ti's will overclock beyond even the fastest default clocks on a custom card.

What is more important is -

What the cooler is like

What the warranty is like

What the power system is like if you want to go for big overclocks.

Does the vendor allow you to fit waterblocks if that is important to you.

What do you think of this. The temps were kept low but this Ti could barely squeeze over 2000mhz. It's in German but it's easy to see what's happening.

http://www.eteknix.com/gtx-1080-ti-overclock-test/

The card seemed Voltage restrained. Seen much better OC's on Titan's. I wonder if nvidi have held these back a little as the OC's in reviews have not been to great and some reviews didn't even do an overclocking segment.

Last edited:
What do you think of this. The temps were kept low but this Ti could barely squeeze over 2000mhz. It's in German but it's easy to see what's happening.

The card seemed Voltage restrained. Seen much better OC's on Titan's. I wonder if nvidi have held these back a little as the OC's in reviews have not been to great and some reviews didn't even do an overclocking segment.

The memory on a 1080 Ti is going fast enough at stock, try pushing the core as hard as possible instead.

I will test this when I get my hands on a 1080 Ti.

Looks like it's hitting tdp, not volt cap. This can be modded. ;)

Last edited:

There seems to be a general misunderstanding that all pascal cards will do 2000mhz+ with ease buts it's not the case, there's a lot of chips that only run stable in the high 1900mhz range or chips that are clocked into the 2000mhz+ range and the clocks drop below that after being under load for a while.

Yea that's what I meant. Was always bouncing off that 120% limit.

Which is a rubbish Limit. Same happened with 1080s. It didn't matter how expensive or large the power components were in boards like the classified, you had an equal chance of hitting a higher boost with just a plain old vanilla card. The only thing that varies was the cooling.

Same with my Titan. I can hit 2088 boost. I don't even need to move the sliders to max to do that as it's the TDP limit holding me back. Might not be a bad idea on a navilla card as the power circuitry is not meant to be the best on it. But limiting the aib boards power is silly.

Hopefully biomes will come out with higher tdp limits. And yes I know I can use a pen or conductive paste to bepass the power limit but who is going to do that on a £800 card and risk their warranty?

How can they launch a card that hardly has any stock. 18:00 Boom! 5% stock, 95% preorders? It boggles the mind? I don't remember the 1080 being this bad?

So if you want to buy a 1080Ti your **** out of luck. Forget custom coolers, It's Time to wait months again.

Fortunately I have 3 months interest free, it just means I have to start making payments many weeks before the card is even shipped. Much better to take the money when shipped or a few days before etc...

I just find it a tad invasive...

Its not like OCUK need you collateral to order in stock...

No other etailer does it...

How can they launch a card that hardly has any stock. 18:00 Boom! 5% stock, 95% preorders? It boggles the mind? I don't remember the 1080 being this bad?

So if you want to buy a 1080Ti your **** out of luck. Forget custom coolers, It's Time to wait months again.

Pretty sure the 1080 launch was far worse. I think the difference this time is much more stock will arrive second wave. The 1080 was a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom