• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

i've pre-ordered the turbo one today and its the blower crap apparently , how do i get in touch with you to arrange the tri-fan version?

I have personally upgraded all the orders we received as of 11:50am today, any orders placed after this time will not be upgraded as images have now being updated. :)

Thanks, looks like only the OCUK FE cards have an ETA at the moment.

All ETA's are a bit in the air at the moment unfortunately, we have stock in transit, we have stock which supposedly shipped but has never left production line, so dates will not be firmed up until next week. I do know for sure though that MSI and Asus are definetely in transit and due anyday next week on FE cards.

No custom card will land in March, they will all be April onwards!

A few rather unscientific benchmarks I have run with 3dmark comparing overclocked 980ti/Titan Maxwell with the new 1080ti. Might be useful for anyone thinking of replacing an overclocked 980ti/980ti SLI, though I don't know how these results will compare to in game results.

Firestrike Standard 1080p

Single Card

1080ti oc ~2050mhz Graphics score 29817
980ti oc 1575mhz Graphics score 22154

1080ti oc 34% faster than 980ti oc

SLI

1080ti SLI oc ~2050mhz Graphics score 51485
TitanXM SLI 1465mhz Graphics score 38129

1080ti SLI oc 35% faster than TitanXM oc

SLI Maxwell vs Single 1080ti

TitanXM SLI 27% faster than single 1080ti

Firestrike Ultra 4k

1080ti oc ~2050mhz Graphics score 7259
980ti oc ~1400mhz Graphics score 4827

1080ti oc 50% faster than 980ti oc

SLI

1080ti SLI oc ~2050mhz Graphics score 14184
TitanXM SLI oc 1465mhz Graphics score 9845

1080ti SLi oc 44% faster than TitanXM Sli oc

SLI Maxwell vs Single 1080ti

TitanXM SLI oc 35% faster than single 1080ti oc

It looks like in DX11 SLI 980ti oc is somewhat more powerful than a single 1080ti oc. I guess from this some games will run slightly faster on 980ti SLI than a single 1080ti however it very much depends on the individual game and resolution used.

However firestrike (especially the 4k ultra setting) has quite high good scaling of around 54%. According to Hardware info in a report mostly using a mixture of games from 2015 the 980ti has approximately 29% scaling at 1080p and around 58% scaling at 4k.

Finally a quick benchmark with Timespy DirectX12

1080ti oc ~2050mhz 10156 Graphics Score
980ti oc 1400mhz 6029 Graphics Score

1080ti oc is 68% faster than 980ti oc

Hi there

Right this is a big thread, but I shall try to explain the whole Turbo card **** up.
I had 32 of our 38 cards setup before I left for Berlin. I had to go to a big strategy meeting where all 4 companies were sat in one room:
www.overclockers.co.uk
www.caseking.de
http://www.kellytech.hu/
https://www.globaldata.pt/

So now our group has 4 HQ's, UK, Berlin, Lisbon/Porto and Budapest. Notice how I say UK for our HQ, sounds better than Stoke-on-Trent. ;)
So we now have UK, Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Southern Europe. We are also now NVIDIA's no.1 European partner and we employ over 300 staff with over 30 different nationalities and offer several unique custom services and of course customer service is the upmost priority of our group, something which was a main priority when OcUK was taken over by Caseking several years ago. It is great for me as it means I get several paid for holidays per year to great destination, ooops sorry I meant business trips as I am a member of upper management. :)

Anyway in my absence one of the cards setup was the Gigabyte Turbo 1080Ti edition, unfortunately the image used was from the 1080Ti Gaming (WindForce cooler), which was an error by my Padowan but in his defence he does not look after graphics cards and has no past experience, on the whole he did a good job.

Anyway in short those of you who purchased this card upto 11:50am today (March 11th 2017):

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Turbo OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £698.99 inc VAT

Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

SHALL NOW BE UPGRADED TO THE £71 more expensive GAMING EDITION, which is below (ONLY VALID for orders placed upto 11:50am (March 11th 2017):

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £769.99 inc VAT

GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD, Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £769.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I have personally done this upgrade within our internal software, so you do not need to call, webnote or do anything, it has all being handled for you, of course these are custom cards and our expected delivery date is April onwards. :)

EVGA has additional warranty and unique services such as step up programme etc.

And they are one of a few, if not only gfx card company where the warranty is transferable when you sell it which helps keeps second hand vlaue higher plus they have a UK RMA base which is worth its wait in gold anyway. Trust me when you have paid £50 to send your fault card back to the other side of the world and wait 6 weeks for a replacement you will be glad of a UK based warranty.

IMO the EVGA "tax" is more than justified. Its the Asus "tax" that never makes sense. You get the worst of everything yet pay more.

And they are one of a few, if not only gfx card company where the warranty is transferable when you sell it which helps keeps second hand vlaue higher plus they have a UK RMA base which is worth its wait in gold anyway. Trust me when you have paid £50 to send your fault card back to the other side of the world and wait 6 weeks for a replacement you will be glad of a UK based warranty.

IMO the EVGA "tax" is more than justified. Its the Asus "tax" that never makes sense. You get the worst of everything yet pay more.

Asus warranty in fairness via OcUK is superb as we have the Turbo replacement scheme, I cannot speak for other resellers but all Asus VGA and Motherboards are swapped, replaced or exchanged within 48hr of being found faulty by OcUK themselves for the 3yr warranty period. :)

Hi there

Right this is a big thread, but I shall try to explain the whole Turbo card **** up.
I had 32 of our 38 cards setup before I left for Berlin. I had to go to a big strategy meeting where all 4 companies were sat in one room:
www.overclockers.co.uk
www.caseking.de
http://www.kellytech.hu/
https://www.globaldata.pt/

So now our group has 4 HQ's, UK, Berlin, Lisbon/Porto and Budapest. Notice how I say UK for our HQ, sounds better than Stoke-on-Trent. ;)
So we now have UK, Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Southern Europe. We are also now NVIDIA's no.1 European partner and we employ over 300 staff with over 30 different nationalities and offer several unique custom services and of course customer service is the upmost priority of our group, something which was a main priority when OcUK was taken over by Caseking several years ago. It is great for me as it means I get several paid for holidays per year to great destination, ooops sorry I meant business trips as I am a member of upper management. :)

Anyway in my absence one of the cards setup was the Gigabyte Turbo 1080Ti edition, unfortunately the image used was from the 1080Ti Gaming (WindForce cooler), which was an error by my Padowan but in his defence he does not look after graphics cards and has no past experience, on the whole he did a good job.

Anyway in short those of you who purchased this card upto 11:50am today (March 11th 2017):

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Turbo OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £698.99 inc VAT

Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

SHALL NOW BE UPGRADED TO THE £71 more expensive GAMING EDITION, which is below (ONLY VALID for orders placed upto 11:50am (March 11th 2017):

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £769.99 inc VAT

GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD, Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £769.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I have personally done this upgrade within our internal software, so you do not need to call, webnote or do anything, it has all being handled for you, of course these are custom cards and our expected delivery date is April onwards. :)
Gibbo you absolute lad. You've won my business for future purchases. Bravo for owning your mistake in such a positive way.

This is super sick! I've personally ordered a Seahawk, but it's things like this that keep me buying from you guys.

The fact there's no competition and the £ is worth **** all doesn't help. A $699 980 Ti cost me £575 on launch day
now if that was the cost today i would have got 2 and wouldnt of hesitated .. i got 2 x evga 980ti SC ACX 2.0 a couple of months later at £530 each .. the 980ti's under water have been amazing and still good today with ASIC of 77.9 and 77.4 and overclock well and thought about putting custom bios on them to give them that extra .

now if that was the cost today i would have got 2 and wouldnt of hesitated .. i got 2 x evga 980ti SC ACX 2.0 a couple of months later at £530 each .. the 980ti's under water have been amazing and still good today with ASIC of 77.9 and 77.4 and overclock well and thought about putting custom bios on them to give them that extra .

Custom bios is well worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom