• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

As previously stated!

Custom cards are from April onwards and supply will be tight throughout April with volume improving in May at which point all backorders should clear and stock on shelf happen. :)

As previously stated!

Custom cards are from April onwards and supply will be tight throughout April with volume improving in May at which point all backorders should clear and stock on shelf happen. :)

Gibbo i checked the Asus Rog page and it says that the Strix will be available Mid March!

d3TR5ZB.png

I had both a Gaming X and a Strix 980ti
The Gaming X was quieter, the strix did better clocks. The heatsink on the strix was much larger than the gaming X.

As far as 970s went, it was the other way around. Keep in mind that each GPU is slightly different due to ASIC and such (AKA silicon lottery). It could have been a bad luck on the Gaming X, but a golden chip on the Strix. I remember reading an article where they gathered up multiples of certain cooler types to see which did better on average. MSI Gaming was up there. Of course, that's just a 970, things were probably a lot different on 980tis and different still on 1080tis.

I want to know how the different coolers compare on the 1080ti, could be that Gaming X now is terrible for 1080ti for all we know.

As far as 970s went, it was the other way around. Keep in mind that each GPU is slightly different due to ASIC and such (AKA silicon lottery). It could have been a bad luck on the Gaming X, but a golden chip on the Strix. I remember reading an article where they gathered up multiples of certain cooler types to see which did better on average. MSI Gaming was up there. Of course, that's just a 970, things were probably a lot different on 980tis and different still on 1080tis.

I want to know how the different coolers compare on the 1080ti, could be that Gaming X now is terrible for 1080ti for all we know.

I love the gaming x, but if they updated the cooler with the same cooler that came out on the 390 probably would be nice to have a updated version on the TI now.

kRuriQS.jpg

Looks like we got the same batch of cards. I got an alert it was in stock and bagged one asap, refreshed the page and it went from 5 to 2 so they were going quick.
I was one of them to help it get from 5 to 2, I had an evga on order but missed out Friday so was a bonus when I saw these and changed my order to the msi.
I've 290x cf at the moment will I be looking at a good improvement?

do we have any eta on the gigabyte fe cards, as I somehow missed out even though I checked out at about 18:10 and 2 were still showing in stock, gutted lol.

I'm getting impatient waiting for the card now, part of me is tempted to cancel the order. Also the water block I ordered on the 3rd isn't here yet either with stock expected on the 16th. Yet they are in stock with the supplier.

Couldnt see if posted before as to lazy but Strix Ti

cowcotland-retour-impressionnante-asus-rog-gtx-strix-1.jpg

cowcotland-retour-impressionnante-asus-rog-gtx-strix-9.jpg

https://videocardz.com/67291/first-look-at-asus-gtx-1080-ti-strix

Have to wait to see PCB is its the same as the 60/70/80 , might be able to get away with Phantek Blocks etc

Back
Top Bottom