• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Have to agree there. Probably the German owners and their sales practices, booking in orders before delivery to boost sales balance sheets for shareholders.
That's very prejudicial..
The fact is, we've always done it this way, it's the way that our systems work. The reason is that when you order, your bank issues an authorisation code (or rejects it and you're informed automatically) but this code is only valid for a few days. If you wait longer than that for your card, the authorisation expires and we then have to try to reauthorise. If the the payment fails this time around, we can't ship your card, we have to contact you and that card gets taken by the next customer. We then have an unhappy customer who missed out on the card they've been waiting ages for.

The fact is, we've always done it this way, it's the way that our systems work. The reason is that when you order, your bank issues an authorisation code (or rejects it and you're informed automatically) but this code is only valid for a few days. If you wait longer than that for your card, the authorisation expires and we then have to try to reauthorise. If the the payment fails this time around, we can't ship your card, we have to contact you and that card gets taken by the next customer. We then have an unhappy customer who missed out on the card they've been waiting ages for.

Or you pay by amazon payments, and payment is not taken immediately :)

Any news on EVGA FE stock ETA please?

that works too..
Although that payment method also runs the risk of being rejected once the card comes into stock if your bank aren't happy with something.
We are really just trying avoid customer disappointment.

That makes sense, although given that people get the choice of pay now, or pay later (although if bank reject it, it won't go through) they have every option and can't really whine. If they don't want to pay at the point of order they are free not to!

Well, the 980ti is back in the loop. Stripped the 1080ti down & checked everything but no signal.
I'm guessing I damaged it somehow when removing the cooler. :mad:

Ordered a new one, hopefully be here towards the end of the week & I've contacted Nvidia on the off chance they are feeling generous & will replace the first card under warranty for me (not holding out much hope on that one !)
I've also dug out a 4mm socket to remove the cooler on the next one !! :D

Ah, just had a webnote reply saying "Unfortuantely we don't have guaranteed dates for any of the TI cards at the moment but most are now expected around April time."

Not sure I want to wait this long. Other retailers have them this week or next...

Trust in the Gibbo...he'll be working hard today trying to fulfil as many pre-orders as possible as fast as possible.

Never trust me! I never look at it because I simply do not have time! ;)
EVGA FE massively oversold, working with EVGA to get more ASAP, hopefully this week. :)

Ah, just had a webnote reply saying "Unfortuantely we don't have guaranteed dates for any of the TI cards at the moment but most are now expected around April time."

Not sure I want to wait this long. Other retailers have them this week or next...

FE cards due this week!
Custom cards are April and no one will be getting custom cards this week, as they are not yet in production.

Scott is 100% accurate on this!
Our system has worked this way for over ten years, nothing to do with Germans. :)

We found that in the early days if we did not take payment, then stock arrived and we then went to take payment card was declined and customer could not be got hold off, they lost their allocation which caused huge upset!

It is a double edge sword, no matter which way round we do it, people will always be upset, there is no perfect solution.
But as mentioned we do take Amazon which does wait.

In short people in a rush debit/credit is always best, those not so desperate Amazon works fine. :)

Think I'll be holding out until the cards that have AIOs on them come out. Hoping to see a Gigabyte Waterforce but failing that the MSI Sea Hawk looks rather appealing. Always ran on air but the noise is starting to get to me now so I'm prepared to wait

Its the 1080 launch all over again lol

We are hoping this time round board partners will be much quicker and no three month waits, we hope most people will have all their orders fulfilled within 30 days of ordering on custom cards and within 7-10 days on FE cards. :)

Back
Top Bottom