• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

As previously stated!

Custom cards are from April onwards and supply will be tight throughout April with volume improving in May at which point all backorders should clear and stock on shelf happen. :)

POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING * € 50,00

when will you list up this bad boy?

https://www.asus-promotion.com/it/tac.html

looking on the list, means STRIX Ti buyers should be able to claim E50 back ..... (ah, Italy)

Last edited:
Out of interest, how does the FE cooler do at roughly 80%? Much throttling?? I think this is the loudest I could stand tbh (had a 1080 Reference before). Thanks.

Throttling seems to be set by temp. In AB you can move the limit to 90 degrees. MIne reached 83 and with the limit at 80 I saw it throttle by approx 70Mhz. Depends how warm you have your ambient temp of room in which PC is in. Noise, well the blowers are noisy. But the do exhaust out of the case where many AiB are 'into' the case so the rush of air is into the case and muffled by the case itself from AiB cooling solutions - good if the have a high flow case to remove that air. I think the sound of the air rushing the mesh at the back needs a redesign - almost no mesh would be better - an exhaust aperture with no mesh to create air flow disturbance = noise. Blower cards are the noisiest and I only got one as I game with headphones so really doesnt matter. Maybe I'll get the dremel out and cut my mesh out!!!:eek:

You can unlock the voltage control by editing some files in AB (until they bring out an AB that recognises the 1080ti) where you add the 1080ti to the database manually.

Courtesy of Guru 3D http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1080_ti_review,32.html

Use any tweaking utility of your preference of course. We use AB, AfterBurner. If you cannot wait for a new AB release and need some voltage control, here's a tip:

1. Go to c:\Program Files (x86)\MSI AfterBurner\
  2. Open MSIAfterburner.oem2 in a text editor and add the card to third party database yourself and save
    [VEN_10DE&DEV_1B06&SUBSYS_120F10DE&REV_??]
    VDDC_Generic_Detection = 1
  3. You will notice the part colored in red, the Subsys_ID. This can change per BIOS/Brand. In AfterBurner just click the 'I' (information) button, to read out your proper string and replace the red part with what is listed under the information button (if it differs).
  4. Afterburner select third party voltage control mode in properties and adding the following will do the trick.
I apologise if this link is in the thread further back.

As a rough guide you lose 14/15hz for every 10c of temp and it drops off a cliff at 80C.

Starts dropping at 30C.

So the same card at 29C and 81C will have about 150Hz less boost.

Last edited:
What does your TXP boost to while under 30c?

Varies depending on the game or app but mainly 2088 (thats what it is in Rise of the Tomb Raider which is my main game atm). I wasn't lucky enough in the silicon lottery to get a 2100+ one. :(

I can adjust my watercooling down and watch the boost drop every 10C until its in the low 1900s.

What's wrong with your first one? How long are the warranty's on NVidia cards?

No signal from card.

I didn't test it before fitting the waterblock so not sure if it was a DOA card or the fitting of the block that caused it.
I've got nothing to lose by sending it back, if they accept it, bonus I can either sell it on or dabble with SLI again, if not I have a nice desktop ornament ! :D

I've seen MSI, Asus and GB 1080ti come into stock on here for general purchase

GB in stock now:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18u-gi.html

They come in and out fast!

Today Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and Palit arrived and most already sold out. I think Inno3D also may arrived or later and Zotac too. :)

Like I said last week, FE cards will be arriving almost daily and typical wait times for those buying from OcUK will be 3-10 days generally from point of ordering as I have about 200-300pc ordered on every brand of FE card so they shipping them as they come of production lines.

Just a heads up for people that are using DVI Dual link cables to monitors over 1080p , the included displayport to dvi adapter doesn't support resolutions over 1080p, Which is annoying. My ZR30W has one displayport (used by my mac pro) and one DVI-D input. SO I can't have both plugged in at the same time, I have been forced to upgrade my macs GFX card to get the mac on DVI, it was either that or buy the apple active displayport to DVI dual link converter which is £100 and apparently doesn't work that well!! I realise this won't be a problem for most people but thought I'd share anyway.

Back
Top Bottom